• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tehfangs

Reaction score

To other owners of the (white) Achilles. I bought these this summer and wore them regularely. I love them, but also have two problems: The squeaking just doesn't stop and the color starts to rub of (left shoe more than right). Is this normal? I never saw it this bad before. Also the squeaking. When I went into a shop to compare, the displayed and pretty much new shoes felt softer and didn't squeak.

Does anybody have or had similar experiences with that?

Hmm my colour didn't rub this badly and I wear my while achilles low quite a lot.

Mine stopped squeaking after about a month of wear, but if they do squeak and everyone looks, just tell them that's the sound of luxury :p

Henward

Reaction score

To other owners of the (white) Achilles. I bought these this summer and wore them regularely. I love them, but also have two problems: The squeaking just doesn't stop and the color starts to rub of (left shoe more than right). Is this normal? I never saw it this bad before. Also the squeaking. When I went into a shop to compare, the displayed and pretty much new shoes felt softer and didn't squeak.

Does anybody have or had similar experiences with that?
My white Achilles High (I've had since 09) has all kinds of messed up coloration issues (especially where the laces sit). This is normal. The squeaking won't stop but it shouldn't bother you. My Achilles low I've had for 2 years still squeaks.

walt143JE

Reaction score
I just grabbed a pair of SS16 ball low in white from end clothing at 50% off
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The only size available was a UK11. I have 46 in Achilles and have a narrow foot. I've always heard that I should size down 1 with narrow feet to 45 in Bball Low......does a UK11 translate to an EU 45 in this case?

If I have to return them I will get screwed on the shipping costs, but I didn't want to risk someone else grabbing them at that price so I pulled the trigger.

Can anyone comment on the UK sizing and/or ENDs size chart? Thanks!

piblondin

Reaction score
Picked up the black leather Chelseas from the Steven Alan sale for just under $300 because I wanted an alternative to my SLPs that I would feel better about wearing more often and in poor conditions. I've found very few photos of and info about these online. (All the focus is on the suede Chelseas.) Can anyone share some after you've worn them in or any experiences you've had with them? I need to decide whether to keep them or not.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Guys, was thinking of picking up a pair of retro bball high.
Is the sizing usually one less than Achilles sizing? I'm usually a 43 in Achilles retro (which is bigger than Achilles?)

Also, any fit photos? Couldn't see any in this thread.

Any other comments also appreciated. Was thinking of buying the saint Laurent sl-10 but if these do the job at a better rice, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot!

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the sizing usually one less than Achilles sizing? I'm usually a 43 in Achilles retro (which is bigger than Achilles?)

Any other comments also appreciated. Was thinking of buying the saint Laurent sl-10 but if these do the job at a better rice, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah size one down on bballs. Where are you finding them? Been looking for them everywhere

piblondin

Reaction score

Thanks a lot!
I just got the SL/10Hs. There are a lot of sales on them right now. Super good looking shoe.

smartie-pants

Reaction score
hey guys I picked up two pairs of cp chelseas for myself, since it's winter right now I wont be wearing them but should I spray any protectant on it? If so what brands of spray would you recommend.my other suede chelseas have stains on them that wont come out with a suede eraser and brush so i want to keep these in good condition.

which colors did you pick up? I have a pair of grey and tan ... not sure if the tan is too light in color. was thinking of getting the tobacco.

piblondin

Reaction score

@srizvi722 thanks, thought I saw them at business fashion but they've ran out of sizes.

@piblondin think I prefer the sl-10 too so will wait for those. What's the sale pricing you've seen for the black ones this season?

They're all black. What's the other color you're looking for? Eg black/red, black/blue, black/white, etc?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen some size 44 winter combat boots? I bought 45's at the start of the season because the deal was good but should've just bought my regular CP size.
Ideally sale but retail too as long as its "good retail".

kevin204

Reaction score

which colors did you pick up?  I have a pair of grey and tan ... not sure if the tan is too light in color.  was thinking of getting the tobacco.
I got a pair of warm grey and washed black. Originally I was going to purchase tan or tobacco but after seeing more pictures I didn't really like the color of them. I think the tobacco is a bit too bright for me and would prefer something a bit more muted like the tobacco that slp has.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads