• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

roomier makes me think i need the 40's. I'm a 41 in achilles low based purely on width, they are definitely too long and would be better in a 40 length wise but they work because they are so snug.

Yeh I originally went for 45's in Achilles but they were too long. I went 44's even though they were too tight, after a week they stretched fine. They are still really snug and by far the tightest pair of shoes I own, but I prefer that to long ass clown shoes with an extra inch in the toe. The Bballs (1 each from the last 2 years) are a more standard fit. They feel like my Nike size 12's.

linds_15

Reaction score

roomier makes me think i need the 40's. I'm a 41 in achilles low based purely on width, they are definitely too long and would be better in a 40 length wise but they work because they are so snug.

i was in your situation. all my achilles are a 44 because of width, but in the bball i went down to a 43 because i too found them roomier.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new season CPs slowly rolling in everywhere, but nothing at TBS so far (I always get good service from them, and with their occasional promo code I can cop at "retail"). Very undecided on the bball mids. Depending on the pic the shaft looks oversized for slim trousers or just the right size. Gonna use my NYC trip in two weeks to visit DSM I think...

Bonesy

Reaction score
Anyone seen this pair avail online yet?
#68 on the common projects website.

reallypeacedoff

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my CP shoes. Most of the shoes are 3-6 years old and worn pretty regularly. The Derbies were for special occasions only but after about 20 wears, they are really comfy and are sweet for going out. All size 45. I'm a 12 in Nike, Vans and CoN and 11 in Chucks...

BBall Hi

Training Boot

Achilles Mid

Desert Chukka

Derbies

Tournament Hi

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
than
Yeh I originally went for 45's in Achilles but they were too long. I went 44's even though they were too tight, after a week they stretched fine. They are still really snug and by far the tightest pair of shoes I own, but I prefer that to long ass clown shoes with an extra inch in the toe. The Bballs (1 each from the last 2 years) are a more standard fit. They feel like my Nike size 12's.

Bballs from 6 years ago are not the same fit as the current model. Size down for the current bballs, but I am not sure about the black low model from this season.

thanks bros for the sizing advice. Definitely needed to size down vs. achilles and they're still spacious. Loving 'em.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So two questions:

1. What is the SF-approved cheapest way to get a new pair of CP Achilles Lows?

2. How is the sizing on these compared to Rod Lavers and Stan Smiths? Same size?

reallypeacedoff

Reaction score
So two questions:

1. What is the SF-approved cheapest way to get a new pair of CP Achilles Lows?

2. How is the sizing on these compared to Rod Lavers and Stan Smiths? Same size?

1. eBay if you have patience. Or Tres Bien with one of their 15%-30% off codes. A pair of lows would come to about $USD230 shipped to your door with a 30% off code (store is in EU so 20% off straight up).

2. Not sure about those but CP are Italian sizing, which runs a size larger than European sizing. I'm a US12 (Nike, Vans, CoN) and 11 (Converse) and went with a 45.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the combat boots the same sizing as achilles? What are the soles on the boots like? Durable? Easy to vibram? Also, what are some alternatives to the distressed combat boot? Thanks.

Last edited:

EricDV

Reaction score
I sized down on the combat boots. 41 Achilles, 40 combat boots (from a past collection though)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads