• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sigh, wish I could get 11.5 on those

looking good mike..

any progress on those snuff saddles?

Bbombers85

Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with Color 2. If offered an opportunity to buy a pair, I'd probably pounce. However, I'm not sure I can pull off wearing them. Part of the appeal to me is the rarity.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy #2! It's the Alden Color #2 LWB. -Mike
Mike I love these but they need some wear time ... I'd love to see these with 5 years couple times a week wear, bet they'd be the BOMB! Too pristine with the super light coloring welt and all, they need some romping around. I'd be happy to do that for you. Anyway these are some very sic LWB's.. Well done as usual..

tb43

Reaction score
I don't get it, my shells are already all creased up and I haven't even gone outside..how does he do it?
biggrin.gif

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the Chromex BB Tassel loafer pics after a year or two or three years wear. I think they look pretty cool but wan to see them with some wear time. Thanks in advance to whomever posts..

BTW keep the pictures coming. I can't read every paragraph about this and that. A pictures worth a thousand words right!! Love the recent brass eyelet I for/photo's..

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I don't get it, my shells are already all creased up and I haven't even gone outside..how does he do it? :D

It's simple. Take the pic then put on your Cole Haan for the rest of the day.

Oh crap. I didn't mean to give away your secret @mdubs

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

It's simple. Take the pic then put on your Cole Haan for the rest of the day.

Oh crap. I didn't mean to give away your secret @mdubs

LoL. Nice Tif. The creasing of my shoes vary from pair to pair. My Whiskey Indys creased like there is no tomorrow on their maiden voyage. I don't think I will ever get those to look pristine again. We will see. ;-)

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice......BTW, I jumped on your special from Epaulet earlier this week.....can't wait to see them IRL.[\spoiler]
Awesome! Can't wait for those either. I believe they have a handful of pairs left. If anyone is on the fence.. Get off and kop! Who knows if you'll get another shot..

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Friday ravello LWB maiden voyage with Samurai S5000VX

Great shade of ravello. crispy clean.
#4 Chukka. Argyle OTC. Marcoliani. Respect

Very nice boots. Wear only in good health.
Whiskey WTB from Madison

just :slayer:

Happy Friday gents

Great loafers. You wear them well w denim.
4060 from Alden Madison
Stone pig be all like "get out the leaf blower ya lazy bassted."

#8 and blue for the win. Nicely done Ben.
Holy #2! It's the Alden Color #2 LWB.

Outstanding dubs.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LoL. Nice Tif. The creasing of my shoes vary from pair to pair. My Whiskey Indys creased like there is no tomorrow on their maiden voyage. I don't think I will ever get those to look pristine again. We will see. ;-)

Had my most successful attempt at the Mdubs method thus far tonight. Little one went to bed and my wife is out for dinner with friends so that means it's shoe time for me haha.

So I wore these LHS today and you can see they crease pretty heavily, actually one of my most creased pairs when I wear them.

Tonight after the water/ brushing and deer bone/brushing. As you can see the creasing is almost non existent, only thing I will say is that the water darkens the lighter color during the process but mostly goes away once dry. These have a few darkish marks in the crease points that if I had to guess will probably subside by the morning. At which time I might give them a light coat of neutral Saphir cordovan cream. Sorry for the poor lighting and pics. Maybe you can speak on if you've noticed the darkening before on lighter shell and if those areas do indeed lighten back up for the most part. Maybe I shouldn't have used so much water haha

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Good work! I think I mentioned the darkening in my post. It will mainly subside but yeah, it's an issue with Whiskey and the key is to use less liquid. I haven't had that issue with any other color though. Just recent Whiskey in particular. Cheers!

-Mike

circleslife

Reaction score

I have a love hate relationship with Color 2. If offered an opportunity to buy a pair, I'd probably pounce. However, I'm not sure I can pull off wearing them. Part of the appeal to me is the rarity.

Have to concur. Doubt most people would buy it if it was available like even whiskey or cigar, forget the ubiquitous color 8. But then again, given its rarity I would jump on it without a second thought.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good work! I think I mentioned the darkening in my post. It will mainly subside but yeah, it's an issue with Whiskey and the key is to use less liquid. I haven't had that issue with any other color though. Just recent Whiskey in particular. Cheers!

-Mike

Must not have paid attention to that part about whiskey haha, It's nothing major but next time I will just try a damp cloth wipe down and then move to the deer bone on them and see how that works out. I also did a quick version of the method on my 975 and whiskey PTB tonight, both had only minor creasing so didn't spend too much time on them. Thanks again for the great tutorial!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads