• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Alden Cigar LWB on Barrie Last of course. From TheShoeMart in 10.5B. Maiden Voyage. I expect the Cigar will lighten significantly after a few wearings and brushings.
Happy Thursday! -Mike
Mike, they will lighten over time after a dozen or so wears.....make sure they see plenty of sunlight the days you wear them. But, with your shoe rotation that will probably take you a few years!

Carson

Reaction score
Opinions, gents.

I just received my shipment from TSM with a pair of black shell plain toe boots - seconds. I can't really find anything wrong with them other than one small area where the welt isn't perfect (near where the welt meets the heel on the right shoe) and a few minor stitches that aren't quite finished properly. But the quality on these is better than most AE firsts...

The back of the boot has an interesting calfskin section - it looks like it was stitched on later, perhaps to cover up some kind of flaw, and they just put it on both boots and marked them seconds? Who knows.

Anyway, these are on the 379X last. I can confirm that I went with my Barrie size (which is 1/2 size down from TTS/Brannock for me) and they are definitely more snug in the waist and have a lower instep, but are actually quite comfortable.

The last is definitely blobby - it's pretty refined in the waist and I like the shape near the back of the boot, but the toe is very round. I might use this as my "bad-weather shell" and just muck about in them, even though they have a leather sole.

That said, they do fit great. Apologies for the mediocre pictures.

Those look great. Enjoy them! People make too big a deal about "blobby." Those are a fine pair of boots….

RevisIsland

Reaction score

baldSasquatch

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here. :)
I’m ready to pull the trigger on a pair of black shell ptbs and i have a question about the sizing.
How do you guys fit regarding the width?
I'm 13E on the brannock and i tried the 12.5D and they feel snug. Is there much difference from a D to a E? I also noticed that the barrie have a large heel. How can i tell if they fit on the heel or not? Should the feel tight, a little bit of space?
I’m a bit worried because my toes splay and it’s hard to tell if the fit works until i flex the shoes.

For reference my only pair of Alden are a Black Shell PCT Modified Last 13D. They feel normal on the width but i bit large on the length size.

Unfortunately i'm too used to wear poorly fitted shoes and i’m really trying to change that now. :)

Sorry for my poor english.

Have a great Friday!

Dillardiv

Reaction score
Leffot's Instagram post of @mdubs Naval boots has me really excited for the September time frame when the current pre-order will hopefully be delivered!

BluePlateKing

Reaction score
Great pickup, they look terrific with the natural welt.

Thanks, very pleased with them! I was actually looking for some Black Shell Cordovan and by chance came across these with the natural welt, which I think I much prefer.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@schmallo15 absolutely wonderful shade on those! Killer denim as well.

403s for me today.. I'm loving how these have changed after almost a year of regular wear

shoetree

Reaction score

Hey guys,
First post here. :)
I’m ready to pull the trigger on a pair of black shell ptbs and i have a question about the sizing.
How do you guys fit regarding the width?
I'm 13E on the brannock and i tried the 12.5D and they feel snug. Is there much difference from a D to a E? I also noticed that the barrie have a large heel. How can i tell if they fit on the heel or not? Should the feel tight, a little bit of space?
I’m a bit worried because my toes splay and it’s hard to tell if the fit works until i flex the shoes.
For reference my only pair of Alden are a Black Shell PCT Modified Last 13D. They feel normal on the width but i bit large on the length size.
Unfortunately i'm too used to wear poorly fitted shoes and i’m really trying to change that now. :)
Sorry for my poor english.
Have a great Friday!
Keep in mind that cordovan will stretch slightly (not as much as calf) and as you wear them, the cork footbed will also compress/mold giving you slightly more volume. As far as width, there is a big difference between a D and an E in the same size. Good luck.

Bbombers85

Reaction score
Thank you to whoever never called Alden DC back on their 10.5D Ravello Captoe boots (Commando Daytrippers). The last pair, IS MINE! Will post photos upon receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads