• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePlateKing

Reaction score

Just picked these up- Chukka in Black Calf, Barrie Last.

I'm in between a 10.5 and 11 on the Brannock, I wasn't sure if I should go for 10.5 or 10 on Barrie... These are 10 and feel a tad snug, but not uncomfortably so, and I'm hoping they'll break in to be perfect!

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, running a few days behind... I was on the road yesterday, which didn't help...

Saturday. Alden x Leffot Navy Suede LWB. Barrie Last. Leffot.

Leisure Sunday. Alden Cigar LHS. Van Last. Alden DC.

Monday. Alden Black Shell LWB. Barrie Last. Alden DC.

Tuesday. Alden Color 8 LWB. Barrie Last. Alden DC.

Wednesday. Alden Whiskey LWB. Barrie Last. TheShoeMart. With my favorite Epaulet Rivet Chinos.

-Mike

@mdubs amazing shoe pics are partly attributed to his narrow width Aldens. They are always much more elegant than my D width's!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
@mdubs amazing shoe pics are partly attributed to his narrow width Aldens. They are always much more elegant than my D width's!
Not taking anything away from Dubs' photography skills, but you are exactly right. Our D widths will never look this good.

Oh well...at least there is Edward Green...LMAO.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Yikes... that is a long time to wait if he said some time in April for completion. he was pretty quick on my suede LWBs (though, just brass eyelets were added) but he would text often with updates/photos & was very responsive. I sent him a pair of AE chukkas to add antique edging so maybe he waits to get a group to strip/stain the edging together?

On the positive note, he does do great work, but he's obviously getting a lot of work lately (especially Alden work) and probably falling behind as a result.
Of course an hour after this post, he emails me and says that mine are next! I guess I should have more patience...

JjasonL

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy how addicted I am towards shoes and more so to boots in particular these days. I've never been a shoe/sneaker head before and I only owned a few Ferragamos for formal occasions and a Ferragamo boat shoe for the spring and summer. However, these days, all I really shop for is shoes and boots. My taste have definitely changed recently and most of that has to do with this forum!

Carson

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy how addicted I am towards shoes and more so to boots in particular these days. I've never been a shoe/sneaker head before and I only owned a few Ferragamos for formal occasions and a Ferragamo boat shoe for the spring and summer. However, these days, all I really shop for is shoes and boots. My taste have definitely changed recently and most of that has to do with this forum!
Yep, that's how it works. Just blew $600 at Alden SF this morning. Need to make more money... : )
The Forum is a great enabler....

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Just picked these up- Chukka in Black Calf, Barrie Last.

I'm in between a 10.5 and 11 on the Brannock, I wasn't sure if I should go for 10.5 or 10 on Barrie... These are 10 and feel a tad snug, but not uncomfortably so, and I'm hoping they'll break in to be perfect!

Great pickup, they look terrific with the natural welt.

Ha, the B widths definitely help. It is ironic though, that the only shoe that you didn't spoiler, the Navy Suede is actually a 10D. ;-) 10D works for me, and so I have stuck with it on that particular model.

Not taking anything away from Dubs' photography skills, but you are exactly right. Our D widths will never look this good.

Oh well...at least there is Edward Green...LMAO.

Ha! Thanks Tif!

Color 8 with light grey herringbone, then with navy blue pinstripes. I like the navy blue better...

Gr, I think it looks great either way, but yes, I prefer the Navy myself as well. But I have a strong Navy bias.

AoC Cigar LWBs

Superb Ben! I wore my Cigars today as well! Enjoy them my friend!

-Mike

katch

Reaction score
Got my Jcrew Color 8 Indy's in the mail. They are great. The crepe sole is like walking in sneakers.

Carson

Reaction score
What did you get at Alden SF?
Just some natty Indy's for the summer here (often cold and foggy, lighter CXL nice)…curious to see how they patina. Post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions, gents.

I just received my shipment from TSM with a pair of black shell plain toe boots - seconds. I can't really find anything wrong with them other than one small area where the welt isn't perfect (near where the welt meets the heel on the right shoe) and a few minor stitches that aren't quite finished properly. But the quality on these is better than most AE firsts...

The back of the boot has an interesting calfskin section - it looks like it was stitched on later, perhaps to cover up some kind of flaw, and they just put it on both boots and marked them seconds? Who knows.

Anyway, these are on the 379X last. I can confirm that I went with my Barrie size (which is 1/2 size down from TTS/Brannock for me) and they are definitely more snug in the waist and have a lower instep, but are actually quite comfortable.

The last is definitely blobby - it's pretty refined in the waist and I like the shape near the back of the boot, but the toe is very round. I might use this as my "bad-weather shell" and just muck about in them, even though they have a leather sole.

That said, they do fit great. Apologies for the mediocre pictures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics