• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks!

it was totally impulse. I hadnt been in any non work related internet stuff for a couple days, and finally got a night to 'catch up' and saw that PSA. props to @Shouldaville

I definitely need a black single monk shoe like the least ever in the world, but I'll wear it just to get at least one use out of it. not a big black shoe fan (still haven't worn my jcrew cadets from the original discount they offered lol)

my buddy from out of town asked for a quick family pic today and laughed at how someone could need/acquire so much lol.. some will just never know hehehhe

(most of have seen)

nice collection kwl. I will join the sentiments of others, wishing you the best of luck and a prompt return to our forum.

been lurking for a while but i have steadily built up my collection over the last couple of years.

From left to right
Rough Roy, 405, natural chromexcel, snuff lwb, tan dover,
color 8, black, cigar, ravello

very nice choices. im a sucker for "family pictures"

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
To paraphrase Magritte: "Ceci n'est pas un Indy Boot"

Frans Boone delivered well. Purchased Friday, delivered at 10am today. No customs charges. No signs of try on. Free shoe trees (although for the FB markup compared to stateside purchases, they are arguably the most valuable shoe trees I've ever purchased). They even reached out to me with a special e-mail, recalling that I had inquired about buying the boots with 2 credit cards back in the vanilla visa gift card days. Special thanks to BeSpiffington, who pointed out back in April of last year that these boots were sitting in the Frans Boone inventory for a long while. Special thanks to mdubs for buying the last pair before the restock and rekindling my interest in the shoes...

The happiest moment of the day so far, however, has been when my wife kissed me on the way out the door this morning, looked down at my green stows Trickers and said tenderly, "I love those. Wear them in great health!"

Doc, congrats on your new Plaza "Indy's". I am glad to help rekindle your interest in that boot. It is an amazingly beautiful boot!

I love your wife's quote... :)

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I'm sure you have something killer on today, too!

Tif,

After yesterday's discussion on Alden Balmorals, I decided to go with my Cigar Straight-Tip Balmoral. They haven't seen enough wear in my opinion. I guess I know who can change that... :) They have a bit of the nice classic Cigar/Olive hue to them in person... After these pictures, I may burn those socks (I will actually keep them for casual use with jeans). I didn't get to my laundry in time to wear my normal argyles...

-Mike

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They DO take forever and they're about to raise their prices for a re-craft FYI. They do offer up the new box and shoe trees and shipping both ways. I'm waiting on a pair that arrived at their place on Jan 23rd.

One new thing is that they send out a nice fancy color postcard instead of the old school DOS printed card - my address was printed on that postcard and it looked more like a ransom note than an address.

I just noticed the 20th is this week - they've been in town for a month now.

I'm interested in seeing what my PTB Brooks Brothers in #8 look like. They needed a re-dye & resole for sure and will hopefully be back on my feet by the start of March Madness.
do you know what the new recrafting price will be and when they expect the increase?

To paraphrase Magritte: "Ceci n'est pas un Indy Boot"
Awesome boots. These should be readily available state side.

Shell LWB's in three colors.

awesome
awesome
awesome
are all 3 unworn? if so, how do you do that? I put my new aldens on before the ups guy leaves the driveway.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, B! Great score. Those look awesome. Wear them with style. And if you ever feel like unloading them...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

New score came in today... Ravello PTB. I am thrilled with the shade. It appears to be a medium color, not too dark, not too light.
Those are great, bk! Such a nice shade. Congrats, buddy!

circleslife

Reaction score
New score came in today...
Ravello PTB.
I am thrilled with the shade. It appears to be a medium color, not too dark, not too light.

Where were these from?

pk992002

Reaction score
PSA: paid a visit to Alden sf today they have a pair of Ravello PTB and a nice oliveish cigar PTB both in 12d.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm new to the Alden shoe line but has some experience with AE purchases. After purchasing my first pair of shells with AE, I'm considering Alden as another option for shell offerings.

I'm currently looking into either the LWB or Chukka in color 8. Since these are highly popular models, are deals for these shoes non-existent? If there are deals, where and when do they occur? I do wear a typically common size though... 9D.

And those rare colors: cigar/ravello is currently not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads