• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh the NSTs which I refer to as "ACT's" Alden Camel Toes. They ruined a perfectly good shoe with that split toe. It's like putting nuts or raisins in a cookie
bounce2.gif
Funny thing is, the NST is one of my most favorite style.
ACTs... HA

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My favorite Alden boots. A great and essential purchase. Wear in good health.

Thank you!

They look great.................makes me question my decision to go for the LWB over the Tankers when the obvious decision was to get both.
Wear in good health my man, the finish looks pristine!

Yes, that would have been the correct decision! Haha. Yes the finish on these is great. And they are a different color from all the other Alden #8 I have. I love that!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree, I love it as well. However, it is the only style my wife really balks at. She says it reminds her of a Nazi war boot ( sorry for the non-PC post)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'll report back on what my wife thinks of these. She really likes my Indys, so she seems OK with some toe stiching.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'll report back on what my wife thinks of these. She really likes my Indys, so she seems OK with some toe stiching.
My wife love my Indy's as well so it is not a total anti-toe stitch ban...I just figure she is pretty cool about me spending way too much on shoes so for now I acquiesce on this one point (for now)

tampatravel

Reaction score
Tifosi has brought me around on some toe stitching. I have three pairs of LHS' but I can't get past the "ACT" look. I do have to agree though that the boots you got to day look AMAZING!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My wife love my Indy's as well so it is not a total anti-toe stitch ban...I just figure she is pretty cool about me spending way too much on shoes so for now I acquiesce on this one point (for now) 

I understand. Things may get a bit less comfortable at home if you start bringing home shoes that she doesn't approve of...Haha

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people (men and women) seem to have a visceral negative reaction to the split toe style. Same with various monk straps. However I've never run into a woman that doesn't like wingtips (no matter what the brand is)

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on this shoe

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Brown_Suede_Wing_Tip_205.htm

Sprayed with nanoprotector as a foul weather shoe?

Suede isn't traditionally thought of as foul weather leather, but it is very durable, and I like Alden's brown suede quite a bit (and it should hide water/stains pretty well).

I like those.

Also, I have a pair of non-Alden dark brown suede chukkas that I've worn in rain and snow. I use AE's suede spray on them and they've held up quite well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Congratulations tifosi! It's nice to see a good kid get something he actually wants for Christmas. Wear them in good health sir.

Thanks, Be! If only they magically appeared under my Christmas tree....haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads