• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gorgeous, congratulations on both. Mind sharing where you got the shoes?

Thanks! I got em' from Alden SF.

nephew,
looking good in your whiskey gunboat
wear in good health

Thanks! Good health to you as well.

Indeed. Whiskey LWBs seem to be all gone.

I have some coming lightly worn indoors only from another SF member and I hope they look as good as these!

Congrats on your acquisition! I've had these for a few months now. I wanted to wait till I had time to do a proper Mac break-in method before taking them out on the road … it felt like an eternity ;)

totalair1

Reaction score
Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear. Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too. I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today. I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet. A picture of them is also attached. There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy. I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished. I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost. Should have those back shortly. I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah. However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above. I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden. If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden. The main difference for me is in the details. In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt. In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's. The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more! I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product. I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then. Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones! If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k. So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions! I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

See Ya,
Steve

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, btw, here's a video which demos pull-up leather vs. non pull-up leather:
Last video I clicked on in this thread had some guy licking something. I think I will pass on this one.

shaunw

Reaction score

[ATTACHMENT=6032]IMG_1100.JPG (2,484k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear.  Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too.  I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today.  I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet.  A picture of them is also attached.  There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy.  I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished.  I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost.  Should have those back shortly.  I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah.  However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above.  I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden.  If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden.  The main difference for me is in the details.  In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt.  In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's.  The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more!  I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product.  I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then.  Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones!  If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k.  So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!

[ATTACHMENT=6031]IMG_1065.jpg (1,531k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions!  I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

See Ya,
Steve

Steve,

You may do this already but keep tabs on ebay. I feel like I see larger sizes like 13's and 13.5s pretty frequently. I cant say i recall seeing any 14s though.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[ATTACHMENT=6032]IMG_1100.JPG (2,484k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear.  Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too.  I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today.  I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet.  A picture of them is also attached.  There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy.  I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished.  I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost.  Should have those back shortly.  I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah.  However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above.  I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden.  If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden.  The main difference for me is in the details.  In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt.  In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's.  The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more!  I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product.  I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then.  Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones!  If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k.  So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!

[ATTACHMENT=6031]IMG_1065.jpg (1,531k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions!  I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

See Ya,
Steve

Welcome to the forms Steve. Good luck.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Photo%20Apr%2017%2C%2011%2025%2014%20AM.jpg

Double maiden voyage!
Whiskey LWB & HY blue nailhead trousers :)

Congratulations, awesome shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads