• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoebacca

Reaction score
hi! yes i have ... sorry i forgot to mention j gilbert as well!!!!

most recently #4 - shoemart; cigar - j gilbert, alden carmel; ravello - leffot,unionmade and waiting from epaulet; whiskey - alden dc and ny

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those ravellos are gorgeous. I don't tie the laces around the ankle anymore. But I have a weird reason for not doing so as I actually like that look sometimes or for a change.

When I cross my legs and I'm just sitting (in a meeting, talking or watching tv), I tend to put my hand on the boot and just feel the incredible texture of the leather, whether it's shell or calf or whatever. Many of my boots have such a wonderful tactile feel to them. And the laces around the ankle prevented full appreciation of the tactile sensation. I know...I'm weird.

This dude sounds like Patrick Bateman from American Psycho...

ubiquiti

Reaction score
This dude sounds like Patrick Bateman from American Psycho...
laugh.gif

uhoh.gif

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi!  yes i have ...   sorry i forgot to mention j gilbert as well!!!!

most recently #4 - shoemart; cigar - j gilbert, alden carmel; ravello - leffot,unionmade and waiting from epaulet; whiskey - alden dc and ny

Nice. :slayer:

And welcome to the forum.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi! yes i have ... sorry i forgot to mention j gilbert as well!!!!

That's one hell of a run for a newbie! You have a collection that most Alden faithfuls would envy.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I just received my new J Crew Cap Toe Boots (color 8), and I'm not sure I want to keep them.  Is there anyone out there that has these boots that regrets not purchasing the TSM version on the grant last with no speed hooks instead?  I'm having second thoughts.  I love the barrie last, but not sure if I like it for a boot.  (These are my first pair of shell boots.)  Thanks in advance...

Don't keep them if you are not sold on them.

The 2 boots in question are actually quite different. IMO, the TSM boot on the grant with captoe (straight tip) and leather sole, is perhaps the dressiest boot Alden makes.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those ravellos are gorgeous.  I don't tie the laces around the ankle anymore.  But I have a weird reason for not doing so as I actually like that look sometimes or for a change.

When I cross my legs and I'm just sitting (in a meeting, talking or watching tv), I tend to put my hand on the boot and just feel the incredible texture of the leather, whether it's shell or calf or whatever.  Many of my boots have such a wonderful tactile feel to them.  And the laces around the ankle prevented full appreciation of the tactile sensation.  I know...I'm weird.

This is a phenomenal post. As an English Teacher, I can say I wish all my students were "weird" like you.

It's called being a sentient man.

trophybuck135

Reaction score
I am either a 10.5 or an 11 in the Indy. I ordered both to see which is the better fit. On both when I stride my heel rubs up the boot on both. Can someone tell me how this shoe should feel? The 11 seems to have less of this effect but is slightly loose and when I lace it up there is probably only a 1 inch gap between the lace but not sure that is what to go by

Thanks

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question - I'm totally new to chromexcel, and looking into getting my first pair. Any suggestions on the best makeups? I'm open to boots and shoes. Seems there are a few shades as well? Would love some opinions....thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads