• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these Alden Wingtip Boots in Shell Cordovan online as shown in the picture? I searched the net and the closest are from shoemart.com but it isn't really in the colour depicted in the picture and they are out of stock anyway with the non speed hook version. That picture came from a brick and mortar shop in Hawaii but they do not sell shows online (you have to contact them to buy anything and they don't seem to have that design currently).

I am located in Australia and its hard to find anything decent in shops here.

http://i45.tinypic.com/dgmmnd.jpg

That boot looks like the Plaza Last. Try the following link to J Gilbert's offering. This one has a commando sole though.
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Color_8_Wing_Tip_Boot_309.htm
Hope this helps.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$270 is steep. I recommend getting the brooks brothers burgundy shell belt. The burgundy is somewhere in between #8 and cigar and after just a handful of wears, you'll begin to see the belt lightening up. I've had mine for about 1.5 years and it now looks more brown than #8. Paid $90 for mine during the holiday season

Is this the shell belt you're talking about?
http://brooksbrothers.digby.com/bro...tDetail.do?subscript=1&itemId=108F&indexNum=3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shellshoe

Reaction score
Also on the fitting link it says Plaza last is slightly longer than regular U.S. size so how does it affect my shoe size? I have a pair of Lucchese Charlie 1 horse in 8EE and a pair of redwings 875 in size 8.5E if that helps?

Thanks again.

shellshoe

Reaction score
That boot looks like the Plaza Last. Try the following link to J Gilbert's offering. This one has a commando sole though.
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Color_8_Wing_Tip_Boot_309.htm
Hope this helps.
Hi thanks so much! It does look like you hit the bullseye! You are a great help! I have been looking all over the net for it and couldn't find where its sold! I have never owned a pair of Alden before so I am quite surprised Alden does OEM custom shoes for stores based on the stores design. Have you seen this shoes in leather soles instead of commando? I assume there isn't much difference between the two as commando soles simply have a layer of rubber over the original soles?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also on the fitting link it says Plaza last is slightly longer than regular U.S. size so how does it affect my shoe size? I have a pair of Lucchese Charlie 1 horse in 8EE and a pair of redwings 875 in size 8.5E if that helps?

Thanks again.

That fitting chart also says the Aberdeen Last is longer but I think most would say it fits true to size. I size down (10.5D to 10D) for Barrie and Trubalance. I've never tried the Plaza, so I couldn't say for sure. You might be best served to order the two sizes you think would be right and return the one that doesn't fit as well. Maybe a veteran SF person could give you more useful suggestions with fitting.

Morgan

Reaction score

Hi Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these Alden Wingtip Boots in Shell Cordovan online as shown in the picture?
http://i45.tinypic.com/dgmmnd.jpg

Those are definitely an early iteration of the Leather Soul plaza wingtip boot, which are likely not in stock right now. I think the most recent run was released last December in cigar and natty chrome. They come up from time to time on B&S, but if you want them now your best bet is J.Gilbert, as mentioned above.

Here's a shot of brown chromexcel jumper boot from Leather Soul:

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ is that in LA? Seems like it could have a great turnout
Also, SF/bay area would probably have a great turn out as well.

Yup, West Hollywood. We'll probably be there around 7:00pm. I'll post a notice on our blog as it gets closer. Hopefully a bunch of LA Alden fans can join us to hang out and have a few beers.

herrmj

Reaction score

Thanks again.
J gilbert in seattle sells both lucchese and alden - call them and I am sure they can help with sizing. The commando sole is fairly low profile, but I can understand wanting a leather sole on a dress boot. http://jgilbertfootwear.com/

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J gilbert in seattle sells both lucchese and alden - call them and I am sure they can help with sizing. The commando sole is fairly low profile, but I can understand wanting a leather sole on a dress boot. http://jgilbertfootwear.com/
I love my Lucchese boots, one Baby Buffalo Roper ... and of course you just have to have pointed toe Rough Out, both Classic series. Very practical footwear for rolling around here in Arizona.... Rocks and nasty surfaces are just everywhere and beat to hell out your shoes. Might have to give an Alden boot a roll to see if they hold up to this hostile on footwear state. Buffalo is insanely comfortable btw, even have some sandal in Buffalo, super durable and soft as a babies bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads