• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElDave

Reaction score

Got an email from NRO today that there is a 30% off coupon TEAMUSA. The email says Alden is excluded, but it seems to work when I tried it with the cordovan chukka just now.

Good luck. I wasn't able to get NRO to provide a hard ship date or UPS tracking number until I got the BBB involved.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always nice opening packages from Alden San Francisco.

Ravello LHS

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

J Crew at 484 Bway has some gorgeous Indys in Chocolate Suede with white stitching !

do you remember if they had the normal indy sole or a red micro sole? (i'm in the city this weekend and may need to swing by)

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you remember if they had the normal indy sole or a red micro sole? (i'm in the city this weekend and may need to swing by)

red micro, i believe. they are on a display table as soon as you walk in

ElliottPapineau

Reaction score
To all the NRO haters: I had a great experience with them.

HorseHide

Reaction score

Never had any interaction with NRO but I hate em anyway (that's ok, right - just like the forum members that feel the need to offer opinions on subjects of which they have no clue? :embar:)

ElDave

Reaction score

I'm sincerely glad you had a great experience with them.

But the fact is, NRO has a high number of complaints filed with the Boston BBB, a poor Yelp rating, and a poor reputation on SF. If any one of these was the case, I'd say perhaps there's another explanation. With all three being the case, it suggests NRO is a poorly run shop.

As for my own experience, I was told my order arrived last Friday (the 20th) and would be shipped promptly. I gave them a few days and then decided I'd had enough. If not for me reaching out to contact them, I would've gone over a month without any effort on NRO's part to let me know my order was delayed. I decided I wanted a firm ship date and, given the timeframe and that they've had my money since time zero, I think that's reasonable. After eight phone calls, four voicemails, four emails, and a complaint with the BBB, I finally got someone to take my call (mind you they never called me back) and offer a firm delivery date. I was told that, without fail, the order would leave NRO before the end of business on Friday the 27th (yesterday) and was given a shipping code.

And guess what - I checked with UPS and they haven't received the package yet. It's still sitting at NRO.

In short, **** North River Outfitter.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Quote:
With NRO, if they do not have your shoe in stock, it seems to me that you need to expect the worst as far as wait time. If they have your shoe in stock, it seems they'll get it to you in a week. Even with the 25% off during the week of July 4th, I decided not to pay for shoes that were going to supposedly arrive in September. I suppose if you know what your getting into with NRO in advance, it's not too bad.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With NRO, if they do not have your shoe in stock, it seems to me that you need to expect the worst as far as wait time.  If they have your shoe in stock, it seems they'll get it to you in a week.  Even with the 25% off during the week of July 4th, I decided not to pay for shoes that were going to supposedly arrive in September.  I suppose if you know what your getting into with NRO in advance, it's not too bad.

I too cancelled my order once I learned it was not in stock. Sounds like I saved myself some frustration. :nodding:

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sincerely glad you had a great experience with them.
But the fact is, NRO has a high number of complaints filed with the Boston BBB, a poor Yelp rating, and a poor reputation on SF. If any one of these was the case, I'd say perhaps there's another explanation. With all three being the case, it suggests NRO is a poorly run shop.
As for my own experience, I was told my order arrived last Friday (the 20th) and would be shipped promptly. I gave them a few days and then decided I'd had enough. If not for me reaching out to contact them, I would've gone over a month without any effort on NRO's part to let me know my order was delayed. I decided I wanted a firm ship date and, given the timeframe and that they've had my money since time zero, I think that's reasonable. After eight phone calls, four voicemails, four emails, and a complaint with the BBB, I finally got someone to take my call (mind you they never called me back) and offer a firm delivery date. I was told that, without fail, the order would leave NRO before the end of business on Friday the 27th (yesterday) and was given a shipping code.
And guess what - I checked with UPS and they haven't received the package yet. It's still sitting at NRO.
In short, **** North River Outfitter.

+1
I had a horrible, similar experience with them in which I was told 3 separate ship dates which never happened. They never returned my calls or emails asking for a follow up so I cancelled the order.
I didn't take it to the BBB, but perhaps I should.

they are a terrible outfit and I look forward to the day their beacon hill shop has a going out of business sale that i can pillage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members