• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
Would help a lot if I know how structured you want your jacket to be. Choices are many, but Gordon Yao would not satisfy you the way others, say Chan / Prologue do.
D37C4DE6-10A2-4311-AB50-25C6B5A288F7.jpeg

Attachments

• C643C532-20BB-4627-B577-49D7826057DE.jpeg
    C643C532-20BB-4627-B577-49D7826057DE.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 98

Doctor NV

Reaction score
I have 3 fabrics. The one in raspberry what I was wearing I found it too long and I returned it to the store and bought same fabric. I would like to tailor it in a similar way and same pockets style. The other one I have same fabric and I would like to tailor it. I attached picture of fabric as well. Thanks

Attachments

• 09CD9D42-1AA0-40FC-8375-E764E9FEECD1.jpeg
    09CD9D42-1AA0-40FC-8375-E764E9FEECD1.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 1,198
  • B2D81721-DE75-4DCC-8456-B6DC584DFD34.jpeg
    B2D81721-DE75-4DCC-8456-B6DC584DFD34.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 1,214

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
I see. I'm guessing the shoulders are padded? Does that both you?

Again, probably the likes of Prologue would do. Just tell the tailor the fit you want for your jacket, tight or loose. Some tailors tend to make garments tight so it might help if you let them know your preferences.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
For newer tailors there’s Anthology, prologue and the fausset. I follow them on IG and there’s some info on them here also.

The idea of good price to product ratio in HK is almost gone largely due to how bloody expensive everything in HK is so be prepared to pay more than you’d think for good quality, especially if you want your jacket made in HK and not China.

And the thing is with tailors in HK is that you can’t really just given them a photo and say hey copy that style…it’s just not in the culture. You gotta be SUPER specific and adamant, and even still you gotta say it a few times. So that’s essentially where value from WW Chan and the really exp ppl come in. For the 3 tailors I mentioned they have a very obvious styling note, they show you in their IG post and they also talk about it on their website. Easiest route is to pick the style you like and just go to that one.

Hope you have fun in your journey!
Is the Fausset new? I can't seem to find anything about it online

Wongtouski

Reaction score
is wwchan still worth trying at 17500hkd? or better off doing it with il negozio?
I got my wedding tux and suit there, so I would say yes. You're paying for the great service basically. For me, I had to do some pretty big alterations AFTER my second fitting because I had lost so much weight, and they had no issue with that. I've never tried il negozio so I won't comment, but to me to go to WW means you should expect them to cater to your every need, which I don't think other tailors can do.

marcusngjm

Reaction score
I got my wedding tux and suit there, so I would say yes. You're paying for the great service basically. For me, I had to do some pretty big alterations AFTER my second fitting because I had lost so much weight, and they had no issue with that. I've never tried il negozio so I won't comment, but to me to go to WW means you should expect them to cater to your every need, which I don't think other tailors can do.
Thank you for your experience! Have made an appointment w them and looking forward to it

Poppy500

Reaction score
I am looking to update my shirt collection at A Man Hing Cheong during a trip to HK.

Is anyone familiar with their current prices for shirts? I last had some made in 2016.

I am only interested in AMHC, as their price-quality ratio has been very good and consistent.

Thanks for any insights.

marcusngjm

Reaction score
Any advice for which tailor I should go to for shirts? Been to ascot chang but willing to explore others!

terencelai

Reaction score
Anyone has made their suit in FABS in CWB or Charvet Atelier in Wan Chai? How is the quality of their bespoke suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads