• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
The pics are actually both the same jacket in different outdoor and indoor light situation.

It will keep you warm in Winter.
I also have cotton lining in my suede jacket. Cotton lining is better than silk lining to keep warm.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@c689

for knit, not available in Mirador.

ask them:
Knit or dye
Hong Kong Yarn Shop Guide

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Can you pm me the shop you used?
Just did.

I also had someone else make a teba for me for 900rmb (craftsmanship alone, no canvassing obviously) and am looking to experiment with terry lined cabana shirts next. Not fitting available but I'm satisfied for what it is

Hingent

Reaction score
I am looking for the bunch Palm Beach from Schofield and Smith. I checked with Samuel Chen and Lung Wah, artextile with no luck. May I ask anyone know who is the agent for Schofield and Smith?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I am looking for the bunch Palm Beach from Schofield and Smith. I checked with Samuel Chen and Lung Wah, artextile with no luck. May I ask anyone know who is the agent for Schofield and Smith?

my blog tells already.
11) suit fabric:
16) Golden Circle

Last edited:

almerickso

Reaction score
Thank you for all the information in this thread. I've just gone to Wong MH to make my first shirt with him, Thomas Mason Tower in white. Looking forward to see the outcome. I was quoted 2 weeks work and HKD1090 inclusive of MOP buttons.

I also have a suit in the making for TPR. I dare not venture into suit CMT yet due to my lack of cantonese/mandarin and suiting knowledge. The process has been good so far and i've completed my second fitting.

I am currently looking for a tailor or baotou to make cotton trousers. I don't seem to have seen a recommendation on this thread yet for that so hoping to get some suggestions. Also if you have any suggestions on where to source Dugdale Bros cottons that would be much appreciated.

han-han

Reaction score
Thank you for all the information in this thread. I've just gone to Wong MH to make my first shirt with him, Thomas Mason Tower in white. Looking forward to see the outcome. I was quoted 2 weeks work and HKD1090 inclusive of MOP buttons.

I also have a suit in the making for TPR. I dare not venture into suit CMT yet due to my lack of cantonese/mandarin and suiting knowledge. The process has been good so far and i've completed my second fitting.

I am currently looking for a tailor or baotou to make cotton trousers. I don't seem to have seen a recommendation on this thread yet for that so hoping to get some suggestions. Also if you have any suggestions on where to source Dugdale Bros cottons that would be much appreciated.
One of the widely acclaimed tailors for trousers is Wong SY. Plenty of coverage on him. The reference blog has his details

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

Wong MH sifu, he is famous in making shirts.
Wong SY sifu, he is famous in making trousers.
Look at their IG, they have some samples to show.
The blog tells their info.

For full canvas suits,
Wong SY sifu for Italian cutting.
Ng sifu for British cutting.
Both have been learning to use google translate.

For Dugdale Bros, the blog tells:
11A) suit fabric shops
11) Linking is the dealer in HK

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads