• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO thread, 2016

Whirling

Reaction score
After requesting a refund of my $20 vote for @Rydenfan's Chelsea because I felt bummed about missing Mr. P's Chelsea deals, now I am tempted by the Shroomer's Chelsea. How big an idiot would I look if I turned around and preordered it? I want everybody's opinion, even the unkind ones. :)

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After requesting a refund of my $20 vote for @Rydenfan 's Chelsea because I felt bummed about missing Mr. P's Chelsea deals, now I am tempted by the Shroomer's Chelsea. How big an idiot would I look if I turned around and preordered it? I want everybody's opinion, even the unkind ones.
smile.gif
Well, after reading this and the Viberg thread, the reverse mushroom chamois is not only rare but looks freakin' nice.

So, if you are in the market for a Chelsea, that leather sure would make for a nice Chelsea..

And what's nifty is you can check out that guy Franks chelsea boots on IG and evaluate them fo' yo' self.

So the answer to your question is, you wouldn't look like an idiot at all if you got on board. ...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After requesting a refund of my $20 vote for @Rydenfan 's Chelsea because I felt bummed about missing Mr. P's Chelsea deals, now I am tempted by the Shroomer's Chelsea. How big an idiot would I look if I turned around and preordered it? I want everybody's opinion, even the unkind ones.
smile.gif
Well, you'd still get the additional discount.

I dunno - things kept on changing in that makeup... I was pretty confused and a bit discouraged as well about that one, tbh.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to be sure that I understand, we have 9 days to order the non-Chelsea boots, correct?
It will actually be 7. Unfortunately, the evening go away from me, and I am going out of town for some R&R this weekend, so the other makeups will not be ready for ordering until Monday. You will have a week from Monday to preorder the remaining 3.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the same reason, all of you RydenFrank orderers, I will not be able to reimburse you until monday, either for the predeposit, the discount for the original voters, or both. But you will be reimbursed on Monday or the discount refunded.

Sorry, but I just won't have my computer with me for a couple of days.

Cheers,

Fok.

jlchau

Reaction score

After requesting a refund of my $20 vote for @Rydenfan's Chelsea because I felt bummed about missing Mr. P's Chelsea deals, now I am tempted by the Shroomer's Chelsea. How big an idiot would I look if I turned around and preordered it? I want everybody's opinion, even the unkind ones. :)

No worries man. We're all here because we like Viberg Boots. The more the merrier - just hope there is enough of the leather for everyone.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is nothing on the 2030 last?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why is nothing on the 2030 last?
I guess that no one suggested it? Also, we've done so many on the 2030 last - I think that for the past 2 GMTOs, everyone has suggested other, less ubiquitous, lasts.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It will actually be 7.  Unfortunately, the evening go away from me, and I am going out of town for some R&R this weekend, so the other makeups will not be ready for ordering until Monday.  You will have a week from Monday to preorder the remaining 3.  

Cheers,

Fok.

Much deserved! And thank you for everything you've created here

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much deserved! And thank you for everything you've created here
Thanks man. Just waiting for my wife to finish teaching yoga (I have had 5 days of hard workouts, and I wanted the extra full day off to recover) and then on my way. I'll answer questions from my crap cellphone intermittently, but I think that for the chelsea, at least, you have all the answers that I have readily in hand.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads