• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO thread, 2016

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. The only other change is that for stitchdown, only white stitching is possible for the sole stitching.

I heard from Drew, and SOME mushroom chamois is available, I am just waiting for his go ahead, but that part of the order, you may only get a week to get on it, since it is very limited, it seems. The other makeups will get the usual 10 days.

Cheers,

Fok.
Not to jump the gun but will there be priority for those who voted for the original makeup?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to jump the gun but will there be priority for those who voted for the original makeup?
Whoever buys them first will get first priority, since it would be unfair to someone who gets in on the first day to get bumped one week later. However, if orders came in at essentially the same time, then we would decide in favor of the person who has participated in the voting. In other words, yes, there will be a preference for "voters", but that vote should not be considered a saved spot in the line.

jlchau

Reaction score
I really did go into this wanting something much lighter in tone though. But interested to see what Brett says

I understand and this is your make up. I don't mean to hijack it (but would really love a chelsea in the chamois) and hoping to sway you. The original owner of the scout boot said that they actually have lightened up a bunch with wear.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I understand and this is your make up. I don't mean to hijack it (but would really love a chelsea in the chamois) and hoping to sway you. The original owner of the scout boot said that they actually have lightened up a bunch with wear.

Same - but I really am liking the color, tone, and texture of that leather.

I hope to have an answer to go ahead today.

which side of the leather are you guys thinking? rough out or smooth? those pictures contain both

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which side of the leather are you guys thinking? rough out or smooth? those pictures contain both
I think that the pictures are just deceiving - chamois is hard to capture, since it's grain side, but it's brushed to create a nap.

We'd be looking at the grain side in each of those pics.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh...if it is reverse mushroom chamois...i might have to jump in if there is space left
baldy[1].gif

jlchau

Reaction score
I think that the pictures are just deceiving - chamois is hard to capture, since it's grain side, but it's brushed to create a nap.

We'd be looking at the grain side in each of those pics.
sounds good. But some were these pictures would be appear to be rough out side to me...

https://shoplostfound.com/collections/viberg/products/viberg-mushroom-chamois-roughout-scout-boot

If they are in fact different, I would prefer whatever L&F is using (appears they are claiming it's rough out side).

Rogerdoger

Reaction score
Yeah don't do the smooth side. Use the rough-out side, the brush upped nap looks killer.

But... you'll have to call it the "Frank boot" as your stealing his make-up lol

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good. But some were these pictures would be appear to be rough out side to me...

https://shoplostfound.com/collections/viberg/products/viberg-mushroom-chamois-roughout-scout-boot
Hmmm - well. I guess that I'll ask Drew what's what.

Yeah don't do the smooth side. Use the rough-out side, the brush upped nap looks killer.

But... you'll have to call it the "Frank boot" as your stealing his make-up lol
Frank is a great guy - I'll talk to him about this,. He might be tickled to be an #influencer.

FENWAY

Reaction score

I think I'd be on board if this were possible.  I'm not sure about the other options.  I know these things happen and I don't blame anybody, but my level of enthusiasm for the alternatives just isn't the same - but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Also isn't the snuff suede the same as what Mr. Porter had?  Missed a chance to grab those for around $490 a few days back...

I was lucky enough to grab a pair of the snuff chelsea's from Mr Porter.....very impressed! I'd probably buy the mushroom too as long as not on dainite

edit: shoot, was hoping for the chelsea on half sole.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, yes, roughout side, and there is a very limited selection.

However, we are in a race with another stockist for leather, so I need to order by... very early next week. You guys are going to essentially have the weekend for that make your order for that. Not kidding - you will have until the beginning of the 5th, and I will place the order with Viberg for that makeup only. Past that, you may be able to order, but there is zero guarantee. The will be $695, shipped worldwide, so there are no hidden costs, etc... Place your pre-order, here:

http://www.styleforummarket.com/the-rydenfrank-mushroom-chamois-roughout-chelsea/

The other makeups, you will have a total of 10 days to mull over, but not on this one. I will tell you that all the prices are nearly ridiculously reasonable this time. I don't have time yet to put those on the store, but will try to do that either tonight or over the weekend. Sorry, just got off the phone with Drew, and this is the deal.

jlchau

Reaction score
So, yes, roughout side, and there is a very limited selection.

However, we are in a race with another stockist for leather, so I need to order by... very early next week. You guys are going to essentially have the weekend for that make your order for that. Not kidding - you will have until the beginning of the 5th, and I will place the order with Viberg for that makeup only. Past that, you may be able to order, but there is zero guarantee. The will be $695, shipped worldwide, so there are no hidden costs, etc... Place your pre-order, here:

http://www.styleforummarket.com/the-rydenfrank-mushroom-chamois-roughout-chelsea/

The other makeups, you will have a total of 10 days to mull over, but not on this one. I will tell you that all the prices are nearly ridiculously reasonable this time. I don't have time yet to put those on the store, but will try to do that either tonight or over the weekend. Sorry, just got off the phone with Drew, and this is the deal.

Boom. Ordered.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member