• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Standard & Strange: Boots, Leather, & Denim - Official Affiliate Thread

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will you continue to stock 1st-PAT-RN for the upcoming seasons?

Yes - our SS21 order is stuck in customs and we don’t know when we will see it.

We didn’t order fall 21 because it’s a very hands-on brand and we didn’t know if our physical doors would be open or not.

I plan on ordering SS22 for sure

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Big patch drop from North No Name in Tokyo. These are very limited - we are allowed to buy two per style only, and for good reason. Each patch is hand-cut felt and embroidered/sewn together on a single-needle machine upstairs from the owners' vintage store, Snow Plant.

unnamed.jpg

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a question. Are the links on the Peanuts Company chains soldered closed? It matters less on say, heavy steel curb chains, but a bit more on silver and brass. Thanks!

Let me find out and I'll get back to you. In terms of wear/utility, I've had my keychain since we launched with Peanuts with daily use (8 or 9 keys, plus the bulldog bottle in brass), no signs of separation or other issues.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me find out and I'll get back to you. In terms of wear/utility, I've had my keychain since we launched with Peanuts with daily use (8 or 9 keys, plus the bulldog bottle in brass), no signs of separation or other issues.
Thanks, and that's fair, but for a variety of reasons, I tend to be a lot tougher on my stuff than most people!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today brings us a massive drop from Motiv Mfg.

I would write a breathless thing about how incredible it all is, but I have a migraine and can barely see today. So... go look at it, and ask me if you have questions. Best materials and construction for their category, period.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today brings us a massive drop from Motiv Mfg.

I would write a breathless thing about how incredible it all is, but I have a migraine and can barely see today. So... go look at it, and ask me if you have questions. Best materials and construction for their category, period.
Love your store and have been a frequent customer the last couple of years, so great to see you here! Although I’ve yet to pick up a piece from Motiv, I find them to be one of the most exciting brands I’ve yet to try. I was frequently quite close to buying one of those corduroy hunting jackets last season, and only its redundancy in my wardrobe held me back. Those shirts (and the fabric on that Apothek jacket) are fantastic though, so this will likely be the season to try something out.

Anyway, I also wanted to ask whether you’re expecting any Ooe Yofukuten restocks any time soon. Thanks!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Love your store and have been a frequent customer the last couple of years, so great to see you here! Although I’ve yet to pick up a piece from Motiv, I find them to be one of the most exciting brands I’ve yet to try. I was frequently quite close to buying one of those corduroy hunting jackets last season, and only its redundancy in my wardrobe held me back. Those shirts (and the fabric on that Apothek jacket) are fantastic though, so this will likely be the season to try something out.

Anyway, I also wanted to ask whether you’re expecting any Ooe Yofukuten restocks any time soon. Thanks!

I'm not sure if we'll be getting any extras with the Cone denim engineer pants coming in this summer. We are waiting on OA to give us details on future production runs, so I don't have a lot of insight here yet!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im glad yall carry Motiv, I wish I could go and touch some of their pieces. I have a dispatch coat that I got at radiance blue before the pandemic and its awesome! There are no stockists in Japan because things made in China at that price point without any hype would probably fail but we are truly missing out here.

Pretty sad, I would love to get some more pieces. Actually because Im trying to save money I unfollowed them on instagram because I would just lust for their stuff too hard.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Im glad yall carry Motiv, I wish I could go and touch some of their pieces. I have a dispatch coat that I got at radiance blue before the pandemic and its awesome! There are no stockists in Japan because things made in China at that price point without any hype would probably fail but we are truly missing out here.
Pretty sad, I would love to get some more pieces. Actually because Im trying to save money I unfollowed them on instagram because I would just lust for their stuff too hard.

I honestly think they're underpriced for the quality; like this linen tee shirt for $95. I picked one up for me, and I'll get one of whatever colors they come back with SS22 as well.

motiv-LinenMelangeTee-Brick-Onbody-5760x3840-08_2000x.jpeg

That said, the Apothek Jacket + Athletic Daks trousers in scarlet linen/wool from Marling & Evans is also on my hitlist, and I'm hoping that no XL people decide to buy it before end of season.
motiv-ApothekPantsandJacket-Onbody-02_2000x.jpeg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weave pictures on that suit make me want it so bad, and those linen tees are absolutely awesome. What kinda feel do they? I feel like Motiv is best when you get to inspect it up close and feel the fabric, I wish the pandemic was done so they could do another MTO type event somewhere, I would love to go,

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The weave pictures on that suit make me want it so bad, and those linen tees are absolutely awesome. What kinda feel do they? I feel like Motiv is best when you get to inspect it up close and feel the fabric, I wish the pandemic was done so they could do another MTO type event somewhere, I would love to go,

The tees are like a soft loofah kinda feel on the skin. So far everyone who's picked one up is in for another color / all the colors they might make next year.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW BRAND DAY!!!!!

Black Sign is now online. This is just the start - our spring order was small because we weren't able to get to Japan for a showing. Fall's gonna be a lot deeper. We first met them in 2016 or 2017 at their HQ in Nagoya, Japan and it took us a while to wrap our heads around their vibe and their line.

blacksign-KhakiChinoSheriffBreeches-FieldBeige-Onbody-3840x5760-10_2000x.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads