• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just picked up these Linen/Cotton fabrics for dress shirts. Incredibly Silky.

Is that a navy? oh my, beautiful looking choices.

Is the prototype shirt made up in the blue fabric seen here? I know it's just a phone pic so tough to tell. I ask because I love the look and color of the prototype fabric.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
This will most probably be the collar for the 100% Irish Linen shirts. We're leaning to Button Down Collar, Front Placket, Left Chest Diamond Pocket, Rounded Cuffs and No Pleats.

Last question: Do we cut them shorter to wear untucked?

This shirt looks amazing.

@spiermackay I have a question; will you swap out the buttons on your OTR shirts for the thick MOP? Or is that MTM only?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This shirt looks amazing.

@spiermackay I have a question; will you swap out the buttons on your OTR shirts for the thick MOP? Or is that MTM only?

Right now it's MTM only. Let me talk to my tailor, I think the button hole is adjusted for the MOP as well as it's thicker. Also, we don't keep any MOP buttons here, they are all in the factory. We can always order them and send them to you.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New MTM shirt. Burgundy university stripe oxford with "Kamakura BD collar." Fabric is lighter than the current OCBD, but heavier than a pinpoint.

Last edited:

gbandi

Reaction score
Would love to see line shirts with short 1.5 - 2" collars with or without buttons in a casual style. Linen is best suited for a casual shirt

Spex

Reaction score
Would love to see line shirts with short 1.5 - 2" collars with or without buttons in a casual style. Linen is best suited for a casual shirt

I can understand this look, however I feel as if many of us on SF enjoy the look that straddles between dressy and casual. This is where a decent length BD collar works. A spread collar is too formal, since it's mean to be worn with a tie. A button down collar is always somewhat casual to me, as they look good when unbuttoned and stand up straight, which is a must if you wear it with any kind of jacket. I think a linen shirt with a good BD collar could look nice under an unstructured casual summer sport coat.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gbandi - what you want is already available from places like Club Monaco. I agree w/ Spex' post above, a normal S&M BD collar would allow me to wear this with a summer sportcoat or to work without a tie, the tiny collar is super casual and not really a professional look or one that's in favor on SF.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New MTM shirt. Burgundy university stripe oxford with "Kamakura BD collar." Fabric is lighter than the current OCBD, but heavier than a pinpoint.

This oxford is not the oxford from our current oxford program. This fabric was purchased from a local stockist and I believe the cloth is from the Italian Mill Brembana.

All new oxford moving forward will be the current cloth, which was our own development.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This oxford is not the oxford from our current oxford program. This fabric was purchased from a local stockist and I believe the cloth is from the Italian Mill Brembana.

All new oxford moving forward will be the current cloth, which was our own development.

Speaking of oxfords, any word on the OTR university stripe OCBDs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics