1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

That's the idea. It's a more casual suit to begin with. It's an oxford weave. Really fantastic. I'm personally leaning towards a medium brown. Looks a bit washed. Something you'd expect from Boglioli and the like.

1 person likes this.
  2. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

Regarding the 3 roll 2.5 model, anything green or like this?:
    [​IMG]

3. nealp9084

nealp9084 Member

@spiermackay, I don't mean to call you out, but could you please check your email? My emails have gone unanswered for weeks.

4. spiermackay

Can you pm me your order#

We've been playing catch up for a couple of weeks now with emails. We were unexpectedly slammed with a spike in order volume out of nowhere. we are nearly caught up now. But pm me your order number and I'll take a look and get it resolved.

5. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I like the shoulders on my odd jackets to look. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

6. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

Holy crap. That is exactly how I like the shoulders on odd jackets to look. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with...

7. spiermackay

I'll be sending this jacket down to the Toronto shop before the weekend. Those nearby will have an early look to see what we're up to.

8. spiermackay

Not just yet. But once we start running this model, we'll keep adding new styles. That's a Benjamin. Great Jackets and value in their own right. We've had a few come through the shop for minor tailoring and the construction is really fantastic. I love to see smaller companies do interesting things and really change the dynamic of traditional retail.

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Jacket looks really great. Would love to see some textured solids.

1 person likes this.
  10. winghus

winghus Well-Known Member

Are these new odd jackets going to be available in 48? Do you have a size chart for 48 you can share yet?

11. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

Hi Rick, do you have any updates on when the Contemporary fit chinos will be at the downtown location? I'm looking to pick up two or three pairs in size 30.

12. Spex

Spex Well-Known Member

They had them there when I dropped in on the weekend.

13. spiermackay

Not yet on the first run. We want to confirm the new batch is correct before we expand in to larger sizes.

Specs for a 48 Contemporary Would be:

Chest: 50"
    Waist: 45.3"
    Shoulder: 19.8"
    Sleeve: 26.75
    Length: 31.5

They are there now. But really should be tried on. We only cut approx. 100 pcs total in the contemporary as a trail. The factory botched the cut on the thigh. They are a full 1/2" smaller than what they are supposed to be. This is why they are not online.

14. mister_nostyle

mister_nostyle Well-Known Member

15. spiermackay

One is slightly darker than the other. The one with code 001/33 is darker midnight navy. 001/34 is a brighter, more true navy.

1 person likes this.
  16. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

Hey Rick, this question is gonna be a bit of a stretch but let's see. I have one of your older shirts, non shell button variety, in ecru. I wore it recently for the first time in many months and was pleasantly surprised by how incredibly soft this shirt feels. It hasn't been washed a ton because I don't wear it that often, I think it's just the fabric you used. What was this wonderfully soft cotton fabric and do you still source from that mill?

17. spiermackay

Do you have a style number I can reference?

18. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

I purchased three new polos from S&M, while the quality is great I ordered a size too big. Then due to some unfortunate family events I sat on the return and passed my 30 days.

In size small I have:
    White Polo - Shirt Collar
    Heather Charcoal Polo - Shirt Collar
    Marine Blue Polo - Shirt Collar

They are all unworn and two still in their plastic, although one was tried on inside for a few moments before realizing it was too big.

I'll let them go for $60 USD including domestic shipping which is $18 cheaper than the bundle including shipping.

19. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know. That's too bad about the thigh but I'll drop in to try them anyway.

20. spiermackay

Gentlemen,

We've put some shirts onto final sale included our coveted madras shirts for end of season. Some odds/ends left, a couple have a full size run still.

We're sending the email out tomorrow, thought I would give you men first crack at them for those who are interested.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=madras

BR,
    Rick

2 people like this.