• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vasco

Reaction score

Someone had asked about pale royal blue oxford. I took some pictures when I was trying to mess with my PS camera. Also in this group is the Blue & Purple Cardiff Check and the Blue Triple Bellfield Stripe which just like @variancelog I too experienced irritation in the first two wears.

Complete Noob when it comes to taking pictures so please pardon me, but everyone likes pics

Thank you for sharing. It was me asking about what the pale blue looked like. I ordered it as well earlier this week.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, the suits look great in person! The style detail changes are much better, more modern, and more importantly most likely a better fit with the shoulder slope and button drop.

Red flannel herringbone today. First wear, colour is rich, has a purple/pink undertone, great fabric. @spiermackay , more flannels in the fall !

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Got a response to the MTO inquiry. I wish I were in Toronto so I could lay eyes and hands on everything. Would you have any fabrics similar in color?
I know real life vs computer can vary.

1395077479_The_perfect_mens_blue_suit!_A_Navy_Italian_mens_business_suit.jpg

That is like a charcoal navy. I'll have to check and get back to you. I know I had some during fall.

Rick, I've noticed that you've moved the button stance lower on the new suits. Can you provide your thoughts on it as I personally think it looks better on most body styles but curious to know why you've made the change.

Also, are you going to be carrying a 38-40S or is that for the MTO program?

The original button stance was a very traditional 2 button stance, in that the button was positioned at the most narrow point on the torso. Though this works well, it does not elongate the torso as most men are looking for. After quite a bit of feedback, we decided to lower it 2 cm. Not a lot, but the result looks dramatic and more modern.

For the MTO, yes, you can order Short sizes.

What are the new OTR pants going to look like and when will they be in stock?

A decent variety. A restock of a lot of the basic navy and grey, with some seasonal offerings. We expect the first group in next week.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, the suits look great in person! The style detail changes are much better, more modern, and more importantly most likely a better fit with the shoulder slope and button drop.

Red flannel herringbone today. First wear, colour is rich, has a purple/pink undertone, great fabric. @spiermackay , more flannels in the fall !

The flannel is so amazingly soft and comfortable.

Vasco

Reaction score

Looks terrific. Is this closer to a cutaway style or still fairly office appropriate?

Looks great to me too. I think the points are just right for the office. Remind me a lot of Italian style spread collars from Canali for instance.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any linens coming for the summer?

OTR or Custom? Custom yes. OTR, limited selection.

Looks terrific. Is this closer to a cutaway style or still fairly office appropriate?

It is a cutaway, but still office appropriate. It's not an extreme spread. I'll see if I can get one on a mannequin soon.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OTR or Custom? Custom yes. OTR, limited selection.

It is a cutaway, but still office appropriate. It's not an extreme spread. I'll see if I can get one on a mannequin soon.

Isn't this the same as the picture I posted but with .5 longer point?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads