• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperdan88

Reaction score
Bumping this. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I recently ordered two MTO jackets and both came with lapels like this. In fact, one of mine was even worse than these. S&M advised me not to steam them and instead, have them repressed at a local tailor. I tried and the tailor refused saying it would do nothing, it was a faulty construction issue. S&M then offered to have them shipped back to their store and they would repress it for me. When I received the jackets back from them, there was VERY little difference in one jacket and zero in the other. While I appreciated their kindness and attempt to resolve it, I ended up keeping one and they permitted me to return the other. They did offer to remake it but I opted for a refund.

I have ordered four S&M MTO jackets now. Both my two button jackets were great, no issues. Sadly, both the 2.5 button jackets were pretty disappointing. I will definitely keep ordering from them but I’m not sure I’ll do another 2.5 button.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered two MTO jackets and both came with lapels like this. In fact, one of mine was even worse than these. S&M advised me not to steam them and instead, have them repressed at a local tailor. I tried and the tailor refused saying it would do nothing, it was a faulty construction issue. S&M then offered to have them shipped back to their store and they would repress it for me. When I received the jackets back from them, there was VERY little difference in one jacket and zero in the other. While I appreciated their kindness and attempt to resolve it, I ended up keeping one and they permitted me to return the other. They did offer to remake it but I opted for a refund.

I have ordered four S&M MTO jackets now. Both my two button jackets were great, no issues. Sadly, both the 2.5 button jackets were pretty disappointing. I will definitely keep ordering from them but I’m not sure I’ll do another 2.5 button.
Sad to hear that. Do you happen to have a side by side pic of the 3r2 vs 3r2,5?

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Aren’t both of you the ones who reported popping stitches on your trousers while bending down? Haha sorry for the unnecessary snark—couldn’t resist.
Touche! And yes. Tis true. No perfect formula for us T Rexes.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a relaxed fit trouser. They seem to be willing to experiment in so many other areas, why not here?

Count me in on the call for relaxed fit trouser. The recent iterations have become more slim in the thighs and calves and are getting to the point where they don't fit well anymore.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the caveat that some (maybe all) of these issues are supply chain related, I do wish Spier would do a better job aligning drops that are roundly designed as suiting (a la the VBC 4-ply and Minnis Seersucker) moving forward.

I don't feel at all comfortable with the prospect of buying trousers in non-separate friendly shades and hoping/waiting on the stock of either suit/jacket to arrive in my size, which, in the case of the the VBC 4-plys, never did. Likely going to have to let the Minnis slip away as a result of the same, as the stock of trousers I can realistically fit in without drastic alterations is dwindling fast.

Maybe implement a pre-order system of sorts? I'd happily eat the cost and have to wait on something to arrive for a month or so if it means getting the goodies I really want.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the caveat that some (maybe all) of these issues are supply chain related, I do wish Spier would do a better job aligning drops that are roundly designed as suiting (a la the VBC 4-ply and Minnis Seersucker) moving forward.

I don't feel at all comfortable with the prospect of buying trousers in non-separate friendly shades and hoping/waiting on the stock of either suit/jacket to arrive in my size, which, in the case of the the VBC 4-plys, never did. Likely going to have to let the Minnis slip away as a result of the same, as the stock of trousers I can realistically fit in without drastic alterations is dwindling fast.

Maybe implement a pre-order system of sorts? I'd happily eat the cost and have to wait on something to arrive for a month or so if it means getting the goodies I really want.

Agree 100%, it's frustrating not knowing if there will be a matching jacket/trouser.

Perhaps as you say this should be added as a pre order option - the problem I see is that if the matching trouser/jacket then never materialises due to supply chain issues then Spier would have limited the opportunity to sell as a seperate item whilst you have effectively had it on reserve, waiting for the pre-order piece to arrive.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%, it's frustrating not knowing if there will be a matching jacket/trouser.

Perhaps as you say this should be added as a pre order option - the problem I see is that if the matching trouser/jacket then never materialises due to supply chain issues then Spier would have limited the opportunity to sell as a seperate item whilst you have effectively had it on reserve, waiting for the pre-order piece to arrive.
I do (somewhat) sympathize, as there is obviously no easy fix, but man...I really want (well, wanted w/the VBC) those damn suits haha

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been addressed, but I'm looking at the garment dyed chinos. S&M clearly calls British Khaki "Khaki" and Khaki "British Khaki." If you order "British Khaki" do you get actual British Khaki, or do you get what you see on the website.

khaki-pants_shades.jpg

milktoast

Reaction score
Latest batch of sportshirts come in a Contemporary 14.5, which appears to be a first for S&M (as evidenced by the fact that the size chart doesn't include this size). I'd like to order one, but seems to be a bit of risk. It's moments like these where I wish Rick were in here more frequently.

Also, new shoes and ties up.

JTrent82

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been addressed, but I'm looking at the garment dyed chinos. S&M clearly calls British Khaki "Khaki" and Khaki "British Khaki." If you order "British Khaki" do you get actual British Khaki, or do you get what you see on the website.

khaki-pants_shades.jpg
You get what you see on the website.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone sitting or walking in their slim fit trousers..and aesthetically, if you care at all about drape, not sure I have seen anyone pulling them off

You're also a pretty fit guy from what I recall. So you def cannot wear their slim fit pants.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone sitting or walking in their slim fit trousers..and aesthetically, if you care at all about drape, not sure I have seen anyone pulling them off

Thankfully the era of the skinny beta male is coming to an end. More and more guys are realizing the importance of resistance training. And I don't mean in a douchey way; literally all-cause mortality directly decreases with the more muscle mass you have. And more guys are realizing the importance of getting on TRT after 35+ or so. I just hope my favorite clothing retailers like S&M decide to keep up with the trends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads