• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

doodledoc

Reaction score
@spiermackay can you do an mto trouser with the same material as the new sportcoats?

Or would you consider doing a GMTO for the trousers of the grey herringbone? That can be me go-to fall/winter suit that I can wear when I go out.

jamie411

Reaction score
Back to the trouser modification question, I second others opinion to have a bit more room in the hip and thigh, and maybe a tiny bit more rise as well. Note: I wear 33 Contemporary.

I also really like the idea of dressy cotton chino (and cotton linen and oxford cloth!) trousers, and matching cotton casual jackets.

New F/W jackets look nice - the brown gun check and the blue windowpane are excellent.

Spex

Reaction score

@spiermackay can you do an mto trouser with the same material as the new sportcoats?

I'll speculate that the answer is "no", just based on the comment that there was a limited amount of fabric to work with, which is why certain sizes of sportcoats were not produced. It is a great idea, though.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
One more customer who would add extra room in the thigh, and a higher rise.

I would also add room in the calf, but that might just be me....

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We weren't able to get enough cloth this go. We used up everything we could get our hands on for the OTR production. That said, there are running fabrics with the mill, so I have to check to see if they became available again. If the fabric is back in stock, it would be possible. Any fabric in particular you are eyeballing?

Or would you consider doing a GMTO for the trousers of the grey herringbone? That can be me go-to fall/winter suit that I can wear when I go out.

I would consider it, but a GMTO can take 90-120 days, so pretty much out of the question for this season.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, will you let us know when the jackets are in the downtown store - I think you were trying to move them mid week?

jermyzy

Reaction score
Oh good, I thought I broke it by accident when I was browsing lol

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick thought on the box pleat thing from a few days back.

You could reduce the size of the pleat and that could possibly be a good compromise. I noticed today that your pleat is about 1/2" folded under on each side. In contrast my J Crew oxfords are roughly half that size at 1/4" folded under, this leads them to be more trim fitting in the back as the shirt doesn't flare open as much but visually changes very little. Just noticed so figured I would share.

Last edited:

doodledoc

Reaction score
Also, regarding the suit jackets. Would you consider a natural shoulder?

Vasco

Reaction score

Also, regarding the suit jackets. Would you consider a natural shoulder?

I'd be interested in natural shoulders as well and is the only thing holding me back from buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics