• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call because, based on those measurements, that would fit me just fine and I have 50lbs and 3" on you. Hmm....tempting actually....ha! Nah, can't spend the money, but I would love to have one of those, really a clean looking jacket.

Shingles

Reaction score

So I made it to Tailor at the Tannery on Saturday and got the c1 vest - massive thanks to Jagger_On for the heads up!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
It is awesome. Also got some brown duck fatigues - fabric is great. Went with a 32 and they're a bit loose in the waist but good otherwise. Fine with with waist tabs cinched and/or belt. Think a 30 would have been too slim through the leg for my taste (he didn't have a pair in a 30 to try). As for Tatt's stock - the denim work jacket was indeed this season's denim coverall jacket - really nice and still had it in like 3 sizes, plus pineapple chambrays, the field shirt jacket with shawl collar in navy, black paisley cord western shirt, grey plaid miner shirt, brown/red/blue workshirt (only larger sizes though I think), some guy was buying an ldt while I was there - not sure they had another, and yeah the red Salmon people peacoat, navy/floral hooded vest, some black wool/polka dot reversible vests, black wool cinch pants too I think... brown duck fatigues, obviously. Old season stuff- one orange iridescent round collar shirt from ss13, field jacket in khaki from ss13, that knit jacket from fw12 that Context carried in a couple sizes (really nice), couple of fw12 storm parkas in khaki, olive wool duffle coat (forgotten what size, season maybe fw12 as well? I dunno) Also spotted a Needles floral loafer jacket from ss13 stuffed in the far corner. I asked specifically if he had the polka dot vest Shingles and he said no. I have a feeling that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one hidden under a heap in the stockroom though. Who knows. The guy there seemed very friendly though he was walking around eating a bag of crisps (chips to you Americans), had run out of carrier bags, and generally seemed a bit haphazard. I think he remembered Jagger_On asking about the C1 vest and was like "That Scottish guy, your friend, he told you about it right?" and "He is Scottish isn't he?" and kept asking about you, which made me feel slightly awkward haha. Trying it out. brown duck seems to match the door... Rebuild by Needles EG c1 vest EG denim western shirt EG brown duck fatigues Trickers
Very nice of you to help out thanks alot mate. Are you referring to this knit jacket? http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3315 Do you remember if he had a size S or M and if it was on sale as they are old pieces? The Olive wool Duffle would be FW12 yes. I think I will drop him an email.. That outfit looks stunning, love the Needles rebuild stuff, got one of the vests myself and I tried on that jacket while I was in New York. I could do both medium and large in it but I preferred the fit of the large as the medium got a bit tight and a bit more "dressed". The L fit me like your jacket fits you I think, what size are you in that jacket? What is that C1 vest? Is it an old item? It looks great, do you have another picture of just the vest?

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice of you to help out thanks alot mate. Are you referring to this knit jacket? http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3315
Do you remember if he had a size S or M and if it was on sale as they are old pieces? The Olive wool Duffle would be FW12 yes. I think I will drop him an email..

That outfit looks stunning, love the Needles rebuild stuff, got one of the vests myself and I tried on that jacket while I was in New York. I could do both medium and large in it but I preferred the fit of the large as the medium got a bit tight and a bit more "dressed". The L fit me like your jacket fits you I think, what size are you in that jacket?

What is that C1 vest? Is it an old item? It looks great, do you have another picture of just the vest?

yeah thats the knit jacket he had. Didn't check the sizes I'm afraid (they were displayed kinda high up rather than on the racks iirc) but visually I'd guess M/L. Don't think he has old season stuff on sale unfortunately - the C1 is old season (ss or fw12 I think?) and was full price.

Thanks! My Needles rebuild is M (I'm 5'10" 140ish, more or less an M in EG). Layered up and buttoned up its quite fitted, but nicely loose and comfy with just a shirt / tee. I think they probably vary a bit though.

Here's some shots of the C1 - the colour's off - its a darker navy than this - but you get the idea. Its nuts.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

So I made it to Tailor at the Tannery on Saturday and got the c1 vest - massive thanks to Jagger_On for the heads up!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
It is awesome. Also got some brown duck fatigues - fabric is great. Went with a 32 and they're a bit loose in the waist but good otherwise. Fine with with waist tabs cinched and/or belt. Think a 30 would have been too slim through the leg for my taste (he didn't have a pair in a 30 to try). As for Tatt's stock - the denim work jacket was indeed this season's denim coverall jacket - really nice and still had it in like 3 sizes, plus pineapple chambrays, the field shirt jacket with shawl collar in navy, black paisley cord western shirt, grey plaid miner shirt, brown/red/blue workshirt (only larger sizes though I think), some guy was buying an ldt while I was there - not sure they had another, and yeah the red Salmon people peacoat, navy/floral hooded vest, some black wool/polka dot reversible vests, black wool cinch pants too I think... brown duck fatigues, obviously. Old season stuff- one orange iridescent round collar shirt from ss13, field jacket in khaki from ss13, that knit jacket from fw12 that Context carried in a couple sizes (really nice), couple of fw12 storm parkas in khaki, olive wool duffle coat (forgotten what size, season maybe fw12 as well? I dunno) Also spotted a Needles floral loafer jacket from ss13 stuffed in the far corner. I asked specifically if he had the polka dot vest Shingles and he said no. I have a feeling that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one hidden under a heap in the stockroom though. Who knows. The guy there seemed very friendly though he was walking around eating a bag of crisps (chips to you Americans), had run out of carrier bags, and generally seemed a bit haphazard. I think he remembered Jagger_On asking about the C1 vest and was like "That Scottish guy, your friend, he told you about it right?" and "He is Scottish isn't he?" and kept asking about you, which made me feel slightly awkward haha. Trying it out. brown duck seems to match the door... Rebuild by Needles EG c1 vest EG denim western shirt EG brown duck fatigues Trickers
Nice, I'm glad you managed to get the vest. Looks great. Think its from FW12. Awkward conversations about random folk off the internet are the future!

El QUaG

Reaction score
^ That vest is incredible.

Well done with pulling it off with your outfit post earlier. :slayer:

I'm waiting for SS14 with the aim of acquiring a lightweight utility vest for year round use.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pretty cool, i don't particularly care for the shoes and hat. I actually think the latter is hideous despite your intentions to play up the outfit. The shoes should be a darker color to complement the monochrome outfit.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol yeah, I appreciate the fb toasty.
I originally put the hat on to hide the face but I guess I should've taken it off as I can see your point in it looking a bit costumey (damn you boardwalk empire).
And I actually have the exact same boots in navy as well but purposely went with the burgundy this time to break up the monochrome a bit, I've done all navy before though and looks good too.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
second look, i do not mind the shoes. i think it's the pants roll. people keep making fun of teger about his donuts, but i think the way you are rolling your trouser hem warrants such a consideration. personally, when i think of EG, i like the extra break in the pants or just go cropped. rolling the hem up can be done right, but this time it looks proportionally too thick. i'm just not a big fan. i'd much prefer a single cuff with a taller shaft boot. everything seems to fit well. EG is awesome, something I have experimented with a little but not yet completely satisfied. I probably should stick to the darker colored designs.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree about doughnuts, I never tailored the inseam on the pants and have about 3-4 rolls on it there, with shoes and 1 roll I get a good solid break and it looks very good but with boots I get more and not really a fan, also not a fan of the tuck, besides those boots would such for tucking, I'd tailor them if I were to keep but looks like I'm letting this suit go as its a bit too warm for my local weather.

Shingles

Reaction score

yeah thats the knit jacket he had. Didn't check the sizes I'm afraid (they were displayed kinda high up rather than on the racks iirc) but visually I'd guess M/L. Don't think he has old season stuff on sale unfortunately - the C1 is old season (ss or fw12 I think?) and was full price. Thanks! My Needles rebuild is M (I'm 5'10" 140ish, more or less an M in EG). Layered up and buttoned up its quite fitted, but nicely loose and comfy with just a shirt / tee. I think they probably vary a bit though. Here's some shots of the C1 - the colour's off - its a darker navy than this - but you get the idea. Its nuts.
Thanks for the information. Ok! Yes I guess they vary a bit too. I'm one inch shorter than you but 162 lbs and about 41" around the chest. I generally wear M in EG outerwear depending on the measurements and if the fabric is stretchy or not. Can rarely bend my arms inwards completely, and sizing up ruins the look/fit. But you'll get used to it. :slayer: Ah yes, I remember that vest now. It's very special! Crazy pocket design. Cool you still could find one. ----- On a trip to Copenhagen:
FW13 USN pants dark navy cavalry twill (pinrolled) FW13 Liner floral/big polka dot FW12 Truman wool herringbone Gitman vintage striped oxford Nike air max one premium Happy socks

lawlercon

Reaction score

Me in the middle... S2W8 waist bag, EG workshirt from FW10, post o'alls jeans, and yuketen maine guide chukkas.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a package in from Gary at Drinkwaters yesterday, big thanks to him for getting hold of the pants and shawl for me!

navy wool herringbone windowpane button shawl fw13
c1 vest fw12
denim western shirt ss13
black floral printed corduroy cinch pants fw13
trickers

floral cinch pants fit great and well, awesome fabric. Shawl is very cozy. Still working out which way I like wearing it best.

And for a bit of balance from the crazy stuff, a work fit

Douglas shirt, ss12
brown duck fatigues fw13
timberland beaters

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads