• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 30-31 true waist and went with a 32. With the back cinched up a little, they're pretty spot on - a bit of room in the top block, slim through the leg. Fabric is a nice weight and good for winter, similar to my workaday cords, maybe a touch heavier and wider wale, hard to tell as my workadays are thrashed.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes and yes

(its my first time trying cinch pants so can't compare to other fabrics/seasons but yeah they fit pretty much how I've read people describe them)

Shingles

Reaction score
Really good Lorcan, I love those pants and been wanting to get them ever since I saw them matched with the navy hb windowpane ldt jacket in the lookbook!

Do you have this seasons fatigues or usn's, if yes what size? Size 30 in both those pants fit me spot on in all aspects, would you advice me to go with 30 in the cinch pants too as opposed to sizing up? Thanks

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really good Lorcan, I love those pants and been wanting to get them ever since I saw them matched with the navy hb windowpane ldt jacket in the lookbook!

Do you have this seasons fatigues or usn's, if yes what size? Size 30 in both those pants fit me spot on in all aspects, would you advice me to go with 30 in the cinch pants too as opposed to sizing up? Thanks

Haha yes I stole the navy widowpane + floral pant combo from the lookbook.

I have this season's fatigues also in a 32, I'd say they're quite comparable to the cinch pants size wise, you might want to consider sizing up if you have big thighs/ athletic build.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Got a package in from Gary at Drinkwaters yesterday, big thanks to him for getting hold of the pants and shawl for me! navy wool herringbone windowpane button shawl fw13 c1 vest fw12 denim western shirt ss13 black floral printed corduroy cinch pants fw13 trickers floral cinch pants fit great and well, awesome fabric. Shawl is very cozy. Still working out which way I like wearing it best. And for a bit of balance from the crazy stuff, a work fit Douglas shirt, ss12 brown duck fatigues fw13 timberland beaters
You're killing it at the moment dude. I like how you paired the predominantly black trousers with the top half. I've been eying up these black cord workaday fatigues but just can't quite work out what I'd wear on the top half. Maybe I should just get over thinking that black and blue don't go as your pic is great. I'd welcome thoughts from anybody on what to wear on the top half if I was to buy these. My wardrobe is mostly blues, greens and white and for some reason I just don't think it would work too well.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like black and blue together and do it quite a lot, it depends on the blue really. Black and dark navy is a great combo.

Those bedford cord workaday cords are cool, been checking them out myself, should look good with navy, denim, white imo. Thats mostly how stores have styled them

kashmir

Reaction score
wondering will unlined navy cotton whipcord bedfords be back? are they yearly staples? i'm looking for one for the tropical weatherz

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're killing it at the moment dude. I like how you paired the predominantly black trousers with the top half. I've been eying up these black cord workaday fatigues but just can't quite work out what I'd wear on the top half. Maybe I should just get over thinking that black and blue don't go as your pic is great. I'd welcome thoughts from anybody on what to wear on the top half if I was to buy these. My wardrobe is mostly blues, greens and white and for some reason I just don't think it would work too well.

I bought the black duck canvas fatigues this year and it's my first time with black pants. Took some adjustment but I do like them and they work great with blue. I tend to wear them with an EG chambray or, my favorite, a dark navy overdyed Gitman Oxford. Like you I was unsure about navy and black, but it works great.

I don't own black shoes either and just wear them with brown...I tend to like brown and black together so it works for me, damn the rules.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I bought the black duck canvas fatigues this year and it's my first time with black pants. Took some adjustment but I do like them and they work great with blue. I tend to wear them with an EG chambray or, my favorite, a dark navy overdyed Gitman Oxford. Like you I was unsure about navy and black, but it works great.

I don't own black shoes either and just wear them with brown...I tend to like brown and black together so it works for me, damn the rules.

Cheers for that. I spoke to the guys at the Bureau this morning and I'm definitely coming round to it. I actually have one of those navy Gitman oxfords at the back of my closet too. Had a good look around earlier and I also think the Navy and Grey twill miner shirt that is out this season would look killer with these pants. Think I've almost talked myself into buying them, lol.

Shingles

Reaction score

Cheers for that. I spoke to the guys at the Bureau this morning and I'm definitely coming round to it. I actually have one of those navy Gitman oxfords at the back of my closet too. Had a good look around earlier and I also think the Navy and Grey twill miner shirt that is out this season would look killer with these pants. Think I've almost talked myself into buying them, lol.

I've got that overdyed Gitman shirt as well. Never thought of wearing it with black pants. Will try it with my dark navy USN pants (they look black though).

Bullitt

Reaction score
My new Andover Wool Cashmere jacket just arrived. It is my first EG blazer and I am not sure how it is supposed to fit.

I have a North Wood jacket in the same size which fits me perfectly. But the Andover feels a bit loose and wide. I read an excellent post by @Fycus in an other thread that explained that EG jackets are designed to have more volume in the mid-section.

It is my plan to wear it with a shirt and no vest as a casual alternative to suits and I am considering sizing down.
What do you think? It would be good to get your opinion on the fit.

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a size down and see if it fits, if not keep the current size. If you cant return I wouldn't do it though, the current size looks to be okay. Generally speaking just measure the shoulder seams to see if they match your shoulders. If they do, you probably sized alright.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads