• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn’t Gustav made in China? It might just be the same manufacturers as that.
I don’t know though.
@melonadejello probably has more insight. He’s the first one that mentioned it to me over a year ago. Or Bradley but I forget his user name here.

baklanyc

Reaction score
Different manufacturer from Gustav (although I still love the first season of GvA and can't stop wearing the pieces I bought). I've seen and tried on the samples, and the fits were great, very consistent with previous RG seasons. Fabrics were good too, I couldn't really tell much of a difference from previous seasonsThe Work Jacket on ED in particular had a nice, slightly oversized/relaxed fit. And we were all railing about the pricing so it's a welcome cut by about 30% or more than previous.

hennree

Reaction score
pricing is great - i'm hoping ED list some more stuff soon (they clearly have more as the model is wearing the dyed sweater)

also some of this season looks very Robert Gustav

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score
Different manufacturer from Gustav (although I still love the first season of GvA and can't stop wearing the pieces I bought). I've seen and tried on the samples, and the fits were great, very consistent with previous RG seasons. Fabrics were good too, I couldn't really tell much of a difference from previous seasonsThe Work Jacket on ED in particular had a nice, slightly oversized/relaxed fit. And we were all railing about the pricing so it's a welcome cut by about 30% or more than previous.
do you know the reason he switched? production costs or...?

mcfly26

Reaction score
I mean it was pretty clear it was unsustainable as a business model. He was charging at times gucci, dries prices still being kind of a niche designer. Hope he can builds up momentum again

sti1zkin

Reaction score
I'm really liking some of the new pieces but I am really curious about the quality of the fabrics. As much as I liked the cuts on some of the Gustav pieces the quality did feel a lot worse than the mainline stuff. The lining of the tweed jacket for example felt cheap in my opinion.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Richard jacket looks pretty appealing - any other fit pics of it outside of the runway shots?

Edit: I guess it looks like last season's? I haven't followed Geller closely in awhile, but the "new" cut looks cool. Did anyone pick up the FW19 version and can speak to the quality?

Last edited:

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Any stockists left in Japan?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how RG can be selling close to enough volume to keep a label running with just the stockists listed on his website (not counting the Lululemon stuff).

baklanyc

Reaction score
Richard jacket looks pretty appealing - any other fit pics of it outside of the runway shots?

Edit: I guess it looks like last season's? I haven't followed Geller closely in awhile, but the "new" cut looks cool. Did anyone pick up the FW19 version and can speak to the quality?
I love the FW19 version and I posted a fit pic a couple of months back:
geller_richard_suit_2019-jpg.1270693

The new SS20 ones are the same cut IIRC, but 100% cotton versus the wool from this current FW. And about half the price! Part of me wished I had waited for the SS version but I do love the material of the FW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads