• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope, I'm certainly not Whatever123. And here are a few more lines, I'm happy to go into more detail :) I saw these shoes in January 2011 in the Margiela NYC store. I should have bought them, but I didn't. Then they completely disappeared and they've been impossible to track down ever since. I bought this pair from someone in London, England.
Let that be a lesson to everyone... Buy cool stuff when you see it! It might not be there when you go back.

just found this stupid wristwatch print paul smith down jacket at a consignment store, again. when i first saw it the price was $120, today i got it for $34 hahahahahaha weeo weoo

j6hx1.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just bought these high-tops, very excited to receive them.

These are nice. The OG 2010 version (sans chain) had better contours, though. For better or for worse, Jay-Z and some other big names have been spotted in this version (ss11).

I had a chance to pick up the pair you bought on eBay a while back but I didn't because I wanted to hold out for a grey pair (that hasn't materialized). What do you think you'll wear them with, grey/black denim or more toward the khaki chino/canvas pants spectrum, assuming blue jeans are out?

The sweatshirt is 3.1 Phillip lim? I'm sorry but i had a banana republic sweatshirt looks exactly same i bought 4 years ago. :foo:

I mentioned in some other thread (I think) recently that Juicy Couture did gradients circa fall 2008 (same year Prada did the ombre patent shoes) -- and logoless, which is more than I can say for Prada's recent reincarnation which has their ugly black-on-black label stitched on the outside. The amusing part is that so many different high[er] fashion houses (prada, phillip lim, geller, ann d, and others) have jumped on the bandwagon after the lower brands already had their way with the same trend quite recently (American Apparel was filled with dip-dyed / degradé tees and leggings etc about two years ago).

Juicy Couture:

3c8Tb.jpg

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just found this stupid wristwatch print paul smith down jacket at a consignment store, again. when i first saw it the price was $120, today i got it for $34 hahahahahaha weeo weoo
j6hx1.jpg

this is a beautiful balance of art and function.
5401b5666fd8a294893c598758c14012.jpg

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in some other thread (I think) recently that Juicy Couture did gradients circa fall 2008 (same year Prada did the ombre patent shoes) -- and logoless, which is more than I can say for Prada's recent reincarnation which has their ugly black-on-black label stitched on the outside. The amusing part is that so many different high[er] fashion houses (prada, phillip lim, geller, ann d, and others) have jumped on the bandwagon after the lower brands already had their way with the same trend quite recently (American Apparel was filled with dip-dyed / degradé tees and leggings etc about two years ago).

Juicy Couture:
3c8Tb.jpg

But this isn't a good argument. Practically everything has been done before, and it doesn't really matter that it was by a "cheaper brand." The point is that the geller version, and probably others, are ultra-soft, really well-done versions, and that's what makes them cool. That zara version is ugly. The Ann D, geller, phillip lim use better screenprinting and materials and that's what makes them nice.

It's like saying that zara makes leather jackets so why would anyone ever buy a ToJ or a Dior leather jacket.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the knit is actually Nom de Guerre (want the Schneider one from this season too though). That Ervell jacket fits really small, I picked up the Medium from Yoox just to see if I liked it, and turns out it fits me perfectly, and I'm normally a 36 chest, XS-S in Ervell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads