• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caan London.

1000016582.jpg

1000016583.jpg

oudwood

Reaction score
Threesome!

View attachment 2170707

Camel arrived today, while Argyle arrived earlier this week. VT I've had for two months now.

All released four years ago in 2020, but still found them at ADs. Just gotta do the extra effort of digging!

Well look what arrived yesterday from Mexico! Vintage Tortoise is such a stunning color in person, photos absolutely do not do it justice! The Schindler frame shape is just fantastic too. It has that smaller feel like the Devaux, which gives off a classic vibe.

I first tried on the Schindler in an optical camel, which wasn't for me.. it's a bit orangey. The shape was just too unique and cool to forget about, so the search for a VT was on. I think this was a 2020 release, so it was going to be a challenge. Big shout out to JessBob for helping me source this frame!

For those searching for your grail frame, if you put in the hard work, there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for. Don't give up! (I know in the end, another user found the frame for me, but not before I contacted 100+ authorized dealers worldwide. Put in the effort, and it works itself out in one way or another haha)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430-105429.png
    Screenshot_20240430-105429.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

45bur

Reaction score
Well look what arrived yesterday from Mexico! Vintage Tortoise is such a stunning color in person, photos absolutely do not do it justice! The Schindler frame shape is just fantastic too. It has that smaller feel like the Devaux, which gives off a classic vibe.

I first tried on the Schindler in an optical camel, which wasn't for me.. it's a bit orangey. The shape was just too unique and cool to forget about, so the search for a VT was on. I think this was a 2020 release, so it was going to be a challenge. Big shout out to JessBob for helping me source this frame!

For those searching for your grail frame, if you put in the hard work, there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for. Don't give up! (I know in the end, another user found the frame for me, but not before I contacted 100+ authorized dealers worldwide. Put in the effort, and it works itself out in one way or another haha)
Sweet! Which retailer did you pick these up at?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats! I certainly don’t have the time and energy to contact 10 ADs, let alone 100!

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score

That’s fantastic that you were able to locate the glasses you wanted— be it your grail or not. Unfortunately this forum isnt as helpful as they once were for me at least. I have put a few wants out there lately and nada tostada lol 😂 but hey if you happen to locate a Schindler in Noir gimmie a holler!

Meanwhile enjoy your new
Acquisition — it is beautiful 🤩

obecity

Reaction score
That’s fantastic that you were able to locate the glasses you wanted— be it your grail or not. Unfortunately this forum isnt as helpful as they once were for me at least. I have put a few wants out there lately and nada tostada lol 😂 but hey if you happen to locate a Schindler in Noir gimmie a holler!

Meanwhile enjoy your new
Acquisition — it is beautiful 🤩
There’s a feller here named JessBob who has magical powers and otherworldly knowledge. I suspect he is something more than just a regular person. That dude knows where everything is. Straight up.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a feller here named JessBob who has magical powers and otherworldly knowledge. I suspect he is something more than just a regular person. That dude knows where everything is. Straight up.

Yes, I suspect he's an insider.

Anyway, jokes aside, I reckon there are still some hidden gems in the retailers' vaults, but certainly it requires dedication and patience to spot and get them. Moreover they are probably located mostly in the US, so that for someone, like me, living in Europe the chase is connected with an even bigger monetary commitment.

JessBob

Reaction score
Yes, I suspect he's an insider.

Anyway, jokes aside, I reckon there are still some hidden gems in the retailers' vaults, but certainly it requires dedication and patience to spot and get them. Moreover they are probably located mostly in the US, so that for someone, like me, living in Europe the chase is connected with an even bigger monetary commitment.

Search secrets deleted per request 😂

[This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds to avoid others front-running me for sought after frames hidden at non-US retailers 😂]

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think most might be outside US. Most of my frames not purchased directly from a JMM gallery were purchased outside the USA. Among my more recent hard-to-find pieces, the Ichi Sand and the Schindler VT were both from Europe. The Schindler Argyle and Camel, both less sought after, were from the USA

Also consider your Loewy Marigold and the other gentleman's GT Solar both were found outside the USA

[This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds to avoid others front-running me for sought after frames hidden at non-US retailers 😂]

Yes, but Canada is in (North) America. I don't know, but suppose the two countries may have a common market.

oudwood

Reaction score
Posting my small collection here. I am extremely proud of it, and every frame I've acquired is grail-like to me. I tend to gravitate towards classic frames. The litmus/vibe test is if I can envision myself wearing the frame as I drive a Mercedes 230sl through the sun-soaked south of France.

I was late to the JMM game, only purchasing my first pair in June of 2023. I feel fortunate to have been able to find some these hard-to-find pieces, whether from my own merit or with the help of others.

Plaza in Agar
Julien in Ochre
Devaux in Beluga
Schindler in Vintage Tort

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501-111531.png
    Screenshot_20240501-111531.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 75

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily