• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRPS Denim - Any Opinions?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
As recommended, Farinelli's is a good place to go through. Bluefly has them occasionally, and Gilt had them recently. Hope Gilt has them again soon.

I got a pair of the Impala Boot Cut Dark Wash and I love them. My favorite pair of jeans I own right now.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
I bought a pair of black PRPS from the Gilt sale and they were incredible. Amazing wash and cut with a really cool texture. But there was this big black distress patchy looking thing right on the thigh that I didn't notice in the photos. Ugh. I wish they would make regular jeans without all of that nonsense.

Gilt is known for not showing alot of things that should be shown in photos. that is how they got so much of my shipping payments and turned alot of my hard earned cold hard cash into store credits.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I'd say they do a pretty good job of showing details, especially considering it's a different sale every day. I went back and looked and the patch was there. It was just kind of hard to see on black jeans. But yeah, I've got about $600 in credits too. I'm sure they won't last long though.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember a bit of a following of the raw ones on SuFu a couple of years ago. One of the members there had a great pair. One of the guys who got lots of "rep" for his denim. I want to say DDML, (who is on here) but m not sure.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
the rinse ones really don't fade at all, I really don't know why they put that warning label on there either. What is the style # on your jeans?

PRPS01AA?
P29P01AA?

it looks like its p47p27x

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I take back my comment about them never fading. I've never heard of the P47P23x and googling the style number really doesn't work.

I think it may be the one the new wax coated rinse models (something like that) for S/S 2009, no sure though.

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
donwan harrell who founded prps also founded the mall brand akademiks. not sure how much i would want to buy into that pedigree.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think PRPS are pretty well established that they use quality denim. it has some nice slub to it as well.

Reaction score
i think it was ringring's first post on sufu----he was looking for prps in london poly800rock is the epeener with the prps fade

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of the distressed stuff, though I don't doubt the quality of the craftsmanship. I like the fact that they're doing the "relaxed" look, but it just isn't for me. The raw stuff is where it's at, no doubt.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if PRPs twill pants in general stretch much?
i got some from the gilt sale and they are a size big but if they dont stretch much they will be ok.
they seemed to be washed pretty heavily already...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I have laways turned away from PRPS because I like my cuts more on the slim side, I know they make the 'tight fit' and the 'rambler' how ever I cann never find them to try on.... today I ended up trying on a pair of Barracuda for the hell of it at Barneys and they were really quite slim. Do the Barracudas and other cuts come in varying slimness?

I have seen online and on Gilt sales that sometimes it will say, 'Barracuda 'slim' or 'relaxed' etc.

culture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Quick question, I have laways turned away from PRPS because I like my cuts more on the slim side, I know they make the 'tight fit' and the 'rambler' how ever I cann never find them to try on.... today I ended up trying on a pair of Barracuda for the hell of it at Barneys and they were really quite slim. Do the Barracudas and other cuts come in varying slimness?

I have seen online and on Gilt sales that sometimes it will say, 'Barracuda 'slim' or 'relaxed' etc.

Barracudas don't have any variance, they are a specific cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads