• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Predators (2010)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Just watched it for the first time, I'd say it's not bad at all, quite a decent movie in it's own right with the exception of the linebackers in rubber suits which made the predators look awful.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Just watched it for the first time, I'd say it's not bad at all, quite a decent movie in it's own right with the exception of the linebackers in rubber suits which made the predators look awful.

i was also looking foward to it but i gotta say it was not good at all,you know its bad when the original actually looks better then the recent,can you believe its been 25 years?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was quite a bad film. Literally every scene and piece of dialogue was stolen from another film, Predator or otherwise. There were a few lines taken from Aliens too.

Even the guns - Danny Trejo carrying 2 MP5s...

The original is a near perfect sci fi action film and I love it. I wish they'd just leave it alone, much like Alien. Don't get me started on Ridley Scott filming a prequel there.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleJimmy835

This guy has done a lot of excellent reviews on all the Alien and Predator movies. In addition to being frequently funny, he makes a lot of good points about direction and production choices. If you have some time at work I recommend watching all of them.

Really good reviews. I think he hits the nail on the head with all the movies.
Almost as good as the starwars prequel reviews.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
I thought it was quite a bad film. Literally every scene and piece of dialogue was stolen from another film, Predator or otherwise. There were a few lines taken from Aliens too.

Even the guns - Danny Trejo carrying 2 MP5s...

The original is a near perfect sci fi action film and I love it. I wish they'd just leave it alone, much like Alien. Don't get me started on Ridley Scott filming a prequel there.

No no no, if anyone could make a prequel to Alien, it's the guy who made the original. It's going to give some background on the Space Jockey, that's some cool ****.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also hate how the Classic Pred was owned.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleJimmy835

This guy has done a lot of excellent reviews on all the Alien and Predator movies. In addition to being frequently funny, he makes a lot of good points about direction and production choices. If you have some time at work I recommend watching all of them.

I just watched these reviews and my god is this guy amazing! He needs to take this to the movie studios and do a power-point presentation. He covers a lot that my friends and I bitched about over the years of this dwindling franchise and more. Whoever makes the next movie needs to hire this guy as a consultant. I would fully trust his judgment to make the AvP movie fans have been waiting to see.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No no no, if anyone could make a prequel to Alien, it's the guy who made the original. It's going to give some background on the Space Jockey, that's some cool ****.

Eason, before Alien 4 I would have agreed with you, and I would love to know some of the lore of the film, and have read quite a lot of online stuff about the alien itself and fan boy theories - things like the bio mechanoid background of the Space Jockey - when the crew say "it looks like he grew out of the chair".

Ridley Scott is an excellent director, and if it had not been for Alien 4 I would have thought of things like Chris Nolan's Batman Begins, and how amazing a great director could make it....

I just think now the alien concept is over exposed and no longer scary. Perhaps finding out more about them, would just make them less scary - like seeing something best kept in the shadows.

B3lla_D0nna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
I pray you never experience it, youll gouge your eyes out

Very true it was a big disappointment
laugh.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
I literally just finished watching it so: I will agree with you that there was a lot lifted from the other movies...scenes...lines...a bit disappointing. That said, I actually liked it. Could have used a bit more Laurence Fishburn...you know, explore his character a bit more. Still, I liked it. I thought it was effective. Shame the OG Predator got his ass kicked by the Super Predator. But there is one fecking thing that pissed me off and if I knew how to use one of them fancy spoiler tags I would take great issue with how one piece of military ordinance was used. I know, because like every infantry soldier since the Second World War I know what the fecking things can do...

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Predators-Berserker-007.jpg

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just write a text in between the spoiler tags after hitting the
ffffuuuu.gif
button. Or write text select it (make it blue) and hit the
ffffuuuu.gif
button.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So like seriously, when Royce (Adrien Brody) boobytraps Edwin's (Topher Grace) body with the grenades and the Super Predator rolls him over, what do we get? Hundreds of fragments piercing the Predator's body? No, we get a massive fireball. From what were clearly fragmentation grenades. And the Predator is not even injured. Fragmentation grenades typically have a 15 foot lethal radius and up to 50 foot casualty radius. He can get shot, he can get stabbed and he can get tackled...hit by grenades? **** no! I know, bitching about this sort of thing is idiotic...but how grenades work in movies just irks me.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seriously wanted Topher Grace to defeat a Predator?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads