• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Predators (2010)

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything that has been mentioned thus far. As a die-hard fan who grew up on the movies and the comic books, this movie could have been so much better. I was hoping that the reset button on this francise would be more like the reset button J.J. Abrams did with Star Trek, but it was not nearly as good as that.

This was basically a re-hash of Predator, complete with the same soundtrack, one-liners and characters who looked vaguely familiar. And where were the Predators? You'd think that a movie called Predators would actually have lots of Predators to show, but instead Nimrod decided to trot out the old "humans are Predators" cliche and settle on that. I don't want that kind of tired irony when I go to see a Predator movie and if I do, I don't want it stated for me. Allow your viewers to make the connection themselves. I was also hoping that they would allow this movie to serve as a means of revealing a little bit more about who the Predators are as a species but got very little info there other than what the audience already knows about them. Like I said, a basic re-hash.

That said, I do hope that another one is made (I mean it can't get any worse than that barely polished turd AvP: Requiem). But this time they need to give up this present day business and just go right for the throat by making a movie with the space marines we loved so much in Aliens finally encountering the Predators; as God meant it to be. You can even throw in some Aliens if you want, I don't really care.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Space Marines would get destoyed by Predators.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed it.

Some good photography, good editing, and even a little character development. And some nice twists and turns while staying true to the original's vibe.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well of course but that's what made a movie like Aliens so awesome.

Humans always put too much faith in their technological advancements and therefore they get too over-confident. The best example I can think of is the weapons they used in Aliens like the smart gun, pulse rifle, flame thrower and of course the iconic motion tracker. In the beginning of the movie when you see the marines preparing to disembark, I remember as a kid really believing that those guys were gonna go down there and kick some alien ass with all that hardware they were carrying.

But it didn't happen that way. Everything they brought was useless when the enemy you're fighting comes out of the ceilings and walls and starts bleeding acid all over you. That's one of the elements that made Aliens so great. James Cameron actually used their weapons against them. The best was the motion tracker, which instead of helping them locate an enemy, basically told them when they were about to die and created some great suspense for the audience. I also loved the claustrophobic sets in this sense too.

Anyway, I think this storyline would be much safer too. The same company that wanted to exploit the aliens as biological weapons would probably really want to get their hands on predator technology too. You wouldn't have to have the same weasely corporate stooge along for the ride but the same theme of humans screwing other humans over could still be there in some way.

Meh. Maybe they just need to make this into sci-fi TV series. I do know that I am now going to watch Aliens tonight though.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gotta wonder if the Predators on their homeworld are more like this:

18.jpg

Not picking on the folks in the picture, just that I would be willing to wager it's more of a recreation with the Predator species, not facing up their elite.

The whole franchise = fail.
devil.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleJimmy835 This guy has done a lot of excellent reviews on all the Alien and Predator movies. In addition to being frequently funny, he makes a lot of good points about direction and production choices. If you have some time at work I recommend watching all of them.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Predators like a month ago and loved it. I wasn't too sure about it when I found out Brody was going to play the lead (Didn't think he could be that bad ass)... but he was ******* awesome.

I hope they make a sequel.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a good movie, but it was good enough to be entertaining. Most movies can't even manage that last bit these days.

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
It wasn't a good movie, but it was good enough to be entertaining. Most movies can't even manage that last bit these days.

I agree with that thought.

Took my 17yr old Daughter, and while we both enjoyed watching it, there was a better movie that could have been pulled from the story.

The original still gets played several times a year at our house.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the hate?

I admit a lot more could of been done with the actual Predators.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one thing I couldn't really stand was Topher Grace but I've never really been a fan of his.

RaggedEdge

Reaction score
The first Predator movie set such a benchmark that those which have followed have never lived up to it. So I wasn't expecting anything special with this movie. But having said that, it wasn't as bad or shall I say awful as I expected. The biggest let down IMO was the acting, could've been alot better. There was no edge of the seat tension as mentioned in previous posts and it had a few too many traits from the original. Could have gone into some more detail too.

As for Laurence Fishburne - he seemed like the most interesting charachter there and yet they killed him off so soon. Why did he do what he did though?
eh.gif
i.e. when he tried to kill off the humans with that poisonous gas/smoke?

Ah well, I look forward to the next Predator movie..... well, thats if anyone braves it. Oh and as always, for me the Predators stole the show
biggrin.gif

Anyways, hello to all... this is my first post
thumbs-up.gif

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Why did he do what he did though?
eh.gif
i.e. when he tried to kill off the humans with that poisonous gas/smoke?

You can hear him talking to his invisible friends "6 more mouths to feed?!". The con also notes that he is a scavenger and wants to steal all their shiat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads