• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

mb123

Reaction score

Yea I thought 23 Navy Latigo was already locked for the top 7. We should not be penalized Just because we got our sht together early and have not spent a dozen posts debating different shades of brown leather or how many eyelets.

Yes exactly. I count 12 ppl atleast interested so far.

westie187

Reaction score
I have enough CXL. Latigo or I'll have to pass...

Rossmc

Reaction score
im in for #11 and #22

Need more love for #22, the pictures look really unusual & beautiful

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Yea I thought 23 Navy Latigo was already locked for the top 7. We should not be penalized Just because we got our sht together early and have not spent a dozen posts debating different shades of brown leather or how many eyelets.

Hey, that's not fair! It's only been 8 posts!

member2000r

Reaction score

How about the navy latigo service boot (last one on the list)? It had quite some support earlier. Anyone interested still please back me up here

Service Boot in Navy Latigo
Last: 2030
Toe: Brogue Cap Toe
Structure: Unstructured or Partial
Heel Tab: No
Tongue: Black
Sole: Dainite
Mid Sole: Natural
Eyelet Type: Gunmetal
Eyelet #: 7 or 8
Upper Stitch: Tonal
Sole Stitch: White
Laces: 1 set – 2 tone leather, 1 set – Waxed Lace
Yes I do, but it seems brown is the vast majority

cld33

Reaction score

SUPPORT THE NAVY!!

I am all about the Navy, but the makeup currently proposed is almost exactly like a brown pair of Viberg's I already have. These would not fill any gaps in my wardrobe, they would just be worn half as much as they should. I would prefer a more casual Navy Viberg, with a cream or white Vibram sole. Otherwise I am out on the Navy Viberg's...

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A life spent debating shades of boot leather is a life well spent in my book. Now, about those eyelets...

DrapeauNoir

Reaction score
Thought there was much more support for #13 (110 wax flesh).. Unless I was reading comments wrongly.. That's a great boot, even I probably won't be able to go in on it this round.
You're not wrong. I'm totally supporting #13 as well! And, should we need to join forces with the other waxed flesh boot, the two posts which had us vote for our favourite last showed a clear support for the 110 over the 2030.

General consensus for this boot looked to be:
- white upper and lower stitching
- commando sole
- smooth brown leather tongue

Most people also seemed interested in having rivets, although we still don't know if Viberg can provide them.

The last unsolved question remaining is: should we get speed hooks or not? I'm personally in favour of it, but it appears to be a 50/50 split. Although, from what I understood, this is not a deal-breaker in any case.

Capsicum

Reaction score
All right, you all seem to confirm my original instinct, so that's great and makes me feel like it's right. Honestly, I am so excited about the possibility of getting this made (you guys have no idea how many times I've looked at Viberg oxfords on Rakuten and wished for something other than the wedge sole), that I can't help but want it to be perfect.

The only other question is, if rivets become available, do we want them on the Half-Japanese..?

Rivets is not a good addition to oxford IMO, rivets will be more balance on the wax flesh or rough out leather.

So just leave it as it is.

Capsicum

Reaction score
If you're interested in the English Tan Dublin on 2030 (#22), please say something. I'm all for this makeup, but trying to get a sense of if it's even worth bothering about or if I should switch to something else.
#22 English Tan Dublin should deserve a spot on that list. Look at the sample sale boot, more different with all the other makeups.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Surprised not as much support for 8 or 21. Only makeup I am really intrigued by

I like both but will hold out for one 2040 like on the Viberg site...also would prefer burgundy or color 8...cant compromise color and last.

Exdeath

Reaction score
Gathering more support for the #8 - the Canadian Galway 'Valway' country derby. Let's get this made!
The Canadian Galway Boot: Model: Country Derby boot Last: 2030 Leather: Ebony Latigo Leather (tongue): Ebony Latigo Leather (upper shaft): Dark brown bison Eyelets: 7 antique brass Midsole: natural Sole: Dainite Comments: faux toe cap, partially structured toe, pull tab, tonal upper stitching
Surprised not as much support for 8 or 21. Only makeup I am really intrigued by
This round seems creatively very strong. Last round I was prepared to buy in but there was nothing I found interesting - I teetered on the edge of the bison but now I can't remember why I didn't go in for it. Make-ups I would strongly consider buying: #1 Echo, #8 Hudson Bay, #14 Olive Oil, #23 navy service, possibly #2 Bison this time.
# 8 Galway-esqe boot. I would still prefer mocha roughout shaft instead of bison #10 horsehide on 310 These two get my vote
Interested in 3, 8, and 11. Prefer captoes, but flexible. Just wanna see them get made.
I think the 2040/2045 lasts would eat into Viberg's existing makeups in terms of style, unfortunately. The 2030 to me is still hella sleek, and both leathers I've picked are pretty damn hardwearing and low maintenance. My idea behind this is to have a boot that can do almost everything - durable, rugged, weatherproof and just a bit smart casual.

Last edited:

dimsumsogood

Reaction score

Thought there was much more support for #13 (110 wax flesh)..  Unless I was reading comments wrongly..  That's a great boot, even I probably won't be able to go in on it this round.

I thought that as well, it'll be a close race with the others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads