• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patine Shoes Poland - A First Glance Review of Their Boots & Fit

Eganacci

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I received these lovely boots from Patine Shoes in the mail yesterday and wanted to share how they looked and how they fit.

First, I want to mention that the customer service at Patine is fantastic. They always got back to me within 12 hours of sending an email, and helped me find the right size for my feet simply by sending them my basic measurements. Also, before they shipped off my pair, they asked me if I was ok with the boots being slightly creased from another person trying them on. They offered me 3 free pairs of socks of my choice for the hassle, which was very nice of them.

the purchase to delivery period was quick; I ordered my boots on the 25th, they shipped out from Poland on the 27th with free UPS Express, and I received them on the 30th in Canada.

I paid CA$ 320 for the boots with the VAT being taken off at checkout. I decided to pick them up when they went on sale for the Halloween promotion which saved me 70 bucks. I oddly only paid 10 dollars in duties, which made the purchase so much better.

Now on to the boots themselves. The model name is Boots 77042VH in Hudson F width.
leather is nice and soft. It isn't stiff at all. They struck me as very slim and elegant looking when I first saw them. The shape of the shoe is fine and doesn't look disproportionate anywhere. The way they fit me is very good as well. my feet measure about 26.5 cm in length and the boots are a UK 8. They don't fit too snug, nor do they fit too loose. If I had gone a size down, I think they would have been too tight in the toe box. I have no heel slippage when walking in them, and the sides sit well against the sides of my feet when properly laced up. Overall, I'm satisfied with how they fit.

In one picture, I focus on a minor flaw I noticed. In picture 6, what seems to a small opening in the leather outsole is visible when closely inspected. Personally, it doesn't bother me. I don't think it would be wise to judge the appearance of the leather yet, as I haven't applied any wax or creams to them. That said, the boots are a very rich brown, which I really like. After a proper shine, I think they will look great.

In short, I am very satisfied with my Purchase from Patine. I Hope you found this post helpful. Let me know if you already own a pair of their shoes or if you've considered buying from them before. I would like to hear others thoughts on their experiences. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

These pictures were taken in straight out of box state, without any wear or wax.
tempImagecCfkd1.jpg
tempImageIobyOD.jpg
tempImageVb6XbZ.jpg
tempImageYpiIEL.jpg
tempImageZOeLW9.jpg
tempImage1Ykn0q.jpg
IMG_2871.jpg
tempImageeSy0bF.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2869.PNG
    IMG_2869.PNG
    804.4 KB · Views: 157

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads