• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

pe-ja-per

Reaction score
I recently picked up two pre-owned Polo Ralph Lauren suits in a size 40. One is a dark olive brown bird's-eye (with ticket pocket) the other a navy blue pinstripe. I like them both but I've come to the conclusion that Ralph makes suits for people with more muscular arms and chests than mine...
I may be interested to trade these for suits or jackets which fit me better. I'm 6.1, 148 pounds. Looking for suits/jackets with the following measurements:
shoulder width: 18-18.5"
chest (pit to pit): 20.5-21"
sleeve length: 25-25.5"
length boc: 30.5-31"

Both suits are made by Corneliani ("Cooper model"), from a few years ago but looking great.

Bird's-eye:
Tag reads 50L (EUR). 3 button (rolls to 2.5), double vent. Ticket pocket. Trousers (waist 34) have double reverse pleats and suspender buttons, hemmed at 33".

Navy pinstripe:
Tag reads 50R (EUR). 3 button (rolls to 2.5), double vent. Trousers (waist 34) have single reverse pleats and suspender buttons, hemmed at 33". At some point these trousers were taken in at the waist. I had them let out again to their original waist size and discovered that the trouser seat was mended at some point to camouflage a tiny hole in the seat. Close-up reveals waist tailoring history just under the hem. It's not obvious and in any case, a gentleman does not remove his suit jacket...

Both suits have been dry-cleaned and as I said I had quite a bit of work done on them to restore them to their proper condition.
Would consider selling them as well, pm me if you're interested.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some more new things to trade in my sig. A MIG portfolio, some ties, BB jacket size 42/43,...
Thanks to everyone I traded with this week!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a bunch more stuff today and yesterday. Check the link in my sig.
THANKS to the guys I traded with this week.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
I have a bunch of shoes for sale/trade. I have pictures of all, but for sake of bandwidth, i'll not post them here. If you see something that interests you, PM me. \tShoes\t\t \t\t\t \tWomens\t\t \t\t\t \tPaul Green\tBoots\t6.5 \tSalvatore Ferragamo Sport\tShoes\t10 \t\t\t \tMens\t\t \t\t\t 7\t\t\t \tAE Lloyd burgundy\t\t7.5e \t\t\t 8\t\t\t \tCheaney \tSlipon burgundy\t8.5D \tCheaney \tSlipon black \t8.5D \tCheaney Premium\tSlipon burgundy\t8.5D \tCheaney Premium\tSlipon black\t8.5D \tAE Auburn\t\t8B \tBotti\tLeather Tennis shoe\t8D(fits like 9.5) \tAE Hyannis NWOT\t\t8.5D \tAlden\tPenny Loafer\t8.5 B/D \tAlden\tPenny Loafer\t8.5 B/D \tAE Lexington\t\t8.5E \tAlden\tTassle Loafer\t8 D/B \tBrooks Brothers\tHorsebit Loafer\t8.5 B/D \t\t\t 9\t\t\t \tOrvis\tBoat shoe\t9.5D \tAE Saratoga NWOT\t\t9.5EEE \tAE Hillcrest\t\t9.5D \tAlden vintage moc toe\t\t 9.5E/EEE \tStanley Blacker(England)\tPenny Loafer\t9.D \tBruno Magli\tTassle Loafer\t9.5M \tJarman\tLongwing\t9.5D \tJcrew\tMoccasin Boot\t9D \t\t\t 10\t\t\t \tSantoni\tTassle Moccasin\t10.5D \tNordstrom\tTassle Loafer\t10.5C \tAlden Tassle Loafer\t\t10.5A/C \tFlorsheim Royal Imperial\tScotch grain Longwing\t10D \tAE Concord\t\t10A \tAE Fifth Avenue\t\t10.5D SOLD \tSalvatore Ferragamo\tWingtip\t10D \tAE Polo\tBlack/burgundy saddle\t10.5E \tAE Valencia\t\t10B \tAE Northfield\t\t10E \tAE Cedarville\t\t10E \t\t\t 11\t\t\t \tAE Mcallister\t\t11C \tFlorsheim Royal Imperial\t tan Scotch grain Longwing\t11E \tJcrew(Italy)\tbrown Chukka \t11D \tFlexa NWOT\tBurnt sienna Suede \t11D \tKeith Highlander\tTan Scotch grain Longwing\t11C/A \tJ&M Crown Aristocraft\tBurgundy Tassle Loafer\t11.5D \t\t\t 12\t\t\t \tSantoni Nuvola black\t\t12D \tAE Fifth Avenue black\t\t12A \t\t\t 13\t\t\t \tMasons\tBlack Scotch grain Longwing\t13EE \tMasons\tBurgundy Longwing\t13EE \tCheaney Premium Grade\tBlack Brogued Captoe\t13D \t\t\t 14\t\t\t \tTimberland\tChukka\t14D \tFlorsheim Imperial\tWingtip\t14A \t\t\t \t\t\t \tBelts\t\t \t\t\t 32\t\t\t \tCoach\t\t \t\t\t 44\t\t\t \tBruno Magli burgundy pebble \tAE Woven leather SOLD

Reaction score
Christian Dior Suit in Blue sharkskin. I'm a size 38R, but it's a bit big on me - more of a 39/40R. I can send measurements if interested. Pants are 32/30, and have a small tear (so willing to let this one go easy).

Also have an Armani suit on the Mani line, Black with tan/white pinstripes. Jacket is a little bigger than a 38R, pants are about a 34/30.

PM if interested, I can send pics and measurements.

thromb

Reaction score
first time posting on here, hopefully doing this correctly.

my measurements:
42s jacket
35-36 pant
9-9.5 EE/EEE shoe
16.5-32/33 shirts

Mainly interested in jackets but other things as well. Have a few jackets to trade too. If interested please PM. thanks.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Hope I got this right.

My size: 37/38S (SC), 15.5 33 (dress shirt), 31W30L(Pants)

Looking for: Navy SC/Blazers (2 buttons or 3 roll to 2, dual vents would be ideal), herringbone tweed coats, suspenders with conservative colors/designs for a short guy, beige or light-blue cardigans, brown Long wings/Wingtips in sz 9.5/10D

Please PM me if you happen to encounter them.
Thanks.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ecclespeccles

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a 38R with a 32 waist. Looking for anthing tweed! Blazers or full suits, glad if anyone can be of assistance. Thanks for your time

eccles

MikkoN

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of Florsheim gunboats in grain or shell in good condition.
Size 10E or 10EE.
Would need to have these shipped to Finland.
Please pick up if you see a pair.

mat135ta

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics