• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

_coelho

Reaction score
I'd love a multicolored stripe oxford like this one that Proper Cloth offers

c20bb6817bc10a357540aafdf73f3135_page_extra.jpg

KKL81

Reaction score
@luxire :

Speaking of heavy shirts, can I have shirts made from typical pant fabrics?

I see some fabrics that seems to be listed as both shirts and pants, in these cases with the same price. Is this a general thing, that is, can I get shirt made out of any pants material on the website at the same price?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire :

Speaking of heavy shirts, can I have shirts made from typical pant fabrics?

I see some fabrics that seems to be listed as both shirts and pants, in these cases with the same price. Is this a general thing, that is, can I get shirt made out of any pants material on the website at the same price?
Yes, shirt can be made in pants fabrics and vice versa. Prices can vary a bit though.

jim8680

Reaction score
@luxire it appears your albini shirts were at a much more reasonable price prior to black friday. Over black friday you increased the price on all of them to $250 and have not returned them to the original level. Is this the permanent new price, or an oversight when you reset your pricing after black friday?

@luxire Has this question been addressed?

It seems the new standard for Albino fabric is $250... When it was $200

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Has this question been addressed?

It seems the new standard for Albino fabric is $250... When it was $200

The question has probably answered itself to be honest.

dukeaw

Reaction score
The question has probably answered itself to be honest.
If this is the new pricing then they are no longer price competitive to the online Mtm market. Proper cloth does Thomas mason for about 150-160 and mytailor does Albini the same. I was buying their 100/2 Albini that was around 160 or 170. I am incentivized to go to one of those companies to buy similar fabric and construction at much lower price. I like Luxire but so long as they are competitive to other made in Asia options of similar quality.

That being said, my fit with luxire is locked in and I’m happy with them. I’d like to keep continuity with luxire as a happy customer

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pricing aside, Proper Cloth isn’t a competitor to Luxire. At least not for me personally. They have a very specific customer base (as does Luxire), but their level of customization and fabric selection is nowhere near Luxire’s.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are slowly trying to decrease the dependency on the on-demand or runtime fabric procurement model and offer primarily in-stock fabrics.

The suppliers add up to 200% markup on their standard roll prices for cut lengths. On that, import fees, shipping etc make your price tag high.
It should result in better prices.

kenzi28

Reaction score
@luxire, before black friday, the website used to have free shipping option above the required qualified minimum purchase.
However the option now is gone, and i have to prepay shipping, before emailing you for a gift card of the shipping value.
Is that a new business strategy of getting your customers to keep returning? I would have preferred the former way of getting free shipping upfront as it feels like I'm being held hostage now.
Thanks.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire, before black friday, the website used to have free shipping option above the required qualified minimum purchase.
However the option now is gone, and i have to prepay shipping, before emailing you for a gift card of the shipping value.
Is that a new business strategy of getting your customers to keep returning? I would have preferred the former way of getting free shipping upfront as it feels like I'm being held hostage now.
Thanks.
:)
we now offer free to US, Canada, most of Europe and a large part of Asia.
Some countries attract a shipping fee as our cost to ship to those places are high.
The refund is a courtesy we will be doing away with but will continue working towards offering free shipping to most destinations.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The new Brembanas are superior to most of these Italian branded fabrics in every possible way and priced much lower.

The Montis we had listed sometime ago are at par to the other branded ones.

So, if it is quality that you seek, there are some excellent options. If you prefer the brand, then, some of it will need to come at a premium.

Our Brembana made Oxfords - Warzone, Blue and Blue University are the best oxfords money can buy.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Brembanas are superior to most of these Italian branded fabrics in every possible way and priced much lower.

The Montis we had listed sometime ago are at par to the other branded ones.

So, if it is quality that you seek, there are some excellent options. If you prefer the brand, then, some of it will need to come at a premium.

Our Brembana made Oxfords - Warzone, Blue and Blue University are the best oxfords money can buy.
This. I ordered a bunch of Brembana and Monti shirts during BF. Received some this week. I really like the Monti fabrics, but what struck me was the quality of the Brembana fabrics. I highly recommend both, but in particular the latter.

If you're looking for blue shirts, I'd highly recommend the Brembana Powder Blue End on End + Brembana Pale Blue Herringbone. On top of the superior quality, the colour of the two is very appealing and the herringbone pattern is very discreet, yet intricate.

Last edited:

Xune

Reaction score
If you're looking for blue shirts, I'd highly recommend the Brembana Powder Blue End on End + Brembana Pale Blue Herringbone. On top of the superior quality, the colour of the two is very appealing and the herringbone pattern is very discreet, yet intricate.
Any chances for pictures taken in natural sunlight? Would appreciate a lot! Just a smartphone quickie, nothing fancy :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads