• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Xtra

Reaction score
Thx, TehBunny. Sounds good.

The gingham in question is that this one? - http://luxire.com/products/cotton-linen-blue-white-gingham (at 90$) I do agree it looks great.

Thanks, the dark indigo one is a lot closer to what I wanted than the casual denim shirt. Might not be 100% to the shirts from Acne I posted but this one is still a lot cheaper than the ones I've found from PRL/Acne.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one, Xtra. See here:

dNLMNbp.jpg

More swatches (trouser fabrics from Warzone Navy Twill onwards)

QUwUqt0.jpg

zOA3Nbd.jpg

wSSmzdy.jpg

sqxNiFz.jpg

3lu450j.jpg

Edit: replaced unsharp pic.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Thanks, NOBD. You might want to consider spoilering the pictures for making it easier to read this thread.

As of now I don't own any linen shirts, but the summer here (Norway) is quite short and unstable when it comes to the weather. So I normally wear t-shirts or pique shirts and the occasional cotton gingham shirt during summer.

But thanks for the pictures of swatches. :)

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The gingham in question is that this one? - http://luxire.com/products/cotton-linen-blue-white-gingham (at 90$) I do agree it looks great.

Thanks, the dark indigo one is a lot closer to what I wanted than the casual denim shirt. Might not be 100% to the shirts from Acne I posted but this one is still a lot cheaper than the ones I've found from PRL/Acne.

1. The fabric is darker than it appears in the image. Will share a comparative image in a few minutes.

2. For lighter shades, these fabrics can be sent for different wash processes.

3. If any other type is desired do let us know. We will try and get that as well.

EDIT: Image added:

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
1. The fabric is darker than it appears in the image. Will share a comparative image in a few minutes.

2. For lighter shades, these fabrics can be sent for different wash processes.

3. If any other type is desired do let us know. We will try and get that as well.

Thanks for the excellent customer service. I would like something like this. Both shirts by Acne. I've seen them in stores but at about 200$ pr. shirt, they are a bit expensive.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent customer service. I would like something like this. Both shirts by Acne. I've seen them in stores but at about 200$ pr. shirt, they are a bit expensive.

Both these are most likely the same denim. Denim is always sold dark and raw. All these shades are a result of different washes.

We can do it for you.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, as an experiment, I decided to order a test pair of high waisted trousers based on the measurements and styling of my favourite bespoke tweed trousers from my friends at C & the D. I ordered in the Luxire Brown Linen at $99, a fraction of the cost of my London trousers, and as far as I can tell, the only fault I can find is that the brace buttons where sewed with four at the back & two at the front. The fit is excellent, I am pleasantly surprised by the weight of the fabric & the amount of ( I'm assuming) hand work is amazing considering the cost.
& they arrived a day earlier than the tracking suggested.
Very, very Impressive.
They are designed to be worn with braces, but even so, having lost some weight, I will winch in the waist line a little bit more.

I will be ordering again!
Thanks Luxire!
-TTO
as an aside, Luxire, how much would a matching double breasted jacket be in this fabric?

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TTO, they really look great! 
Did you make cuffs? Or is the last photo a buttoned cuff?

Buttoned cuff's, not something I specified, but a fun addition.
-TTO

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, as an experiment, I decided to order a test pair of high waisted trousers based on the measurements and styling of my favourite bespoke tweed trousers from my friends at C & the D. I ordered in the Luxire Brown Linen at $99, a fraction of the cost of my London trousers, and as far as I can tell, the only fault I can find is that the brace buttons where sewed with four at the back & two at the front. The fit is excellent, I am pleasantly surprised by the weight of the fabric & the amount of ( I'm assuming) hand work is amazing considering the cost.
& they arrived a day earlier than the tracking suggested.
Very, very Impressive.
They are designed to be worn with braces, but even so, having lost some weight, I will winch in the waist line a little bit more.

I will be ordering again!
Thanks Luxire!
-TTO
as an aside, Luxire, how much would a matching double breasted jacket be in this fabric?

Thank you TTO. They look beautiful. Do you happen to be active on the Fedora Lounge? These will get a lot of love there too.

The braces buttons error is embarrassing. I wonder how we did that.

Jacket would be $450.00

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you TTO. They look beautiful. Do you happen to be active on the Fedora Lounge? These will get a lot of love there too.

It's been a while since I posted there, but yes, I'm a member, I'll go and have a look for a suitable place to post them.

Re. the braces buttons, it's not the end of the world, a silly, yet very easily correctable mistake!

$450 for a jacket means I'll probably skip it and head for the $600 fresco suit!
I'll be in contact soon Luxire, again, many thanks, a remarkable service for the money.
-TTO

Turner

Reaction score
More pics

wuZdNpd.jpg

Yes, it's curved, and unfused, lightly lined. No #, Collar NOBD
smile.gif
. It's a copy of the collar of a bespoke shirt of mine.
Sky Blue Summer Chambray
I'm very much impressed by the details (see detail pics above). The fabric is nice too, when it comes to colour and look. It's a tight weave though, so no stretch at all. Quite happy with the fit for a first shirt from a new supplier. I will change some things for the next order, but this shirt is fine. I haven't checked any measurements, but I think al my wishes and specifications have been taken into account.
: )

Is the Sky Blue Summer Chambray at the Luxire website really the same fabric as your shirt with hairline stripes. Sorry for asking, but I cannot notice a single stripe in Luxire's pictures.

Does anybody have experience with the Blue Summer Chambray? It looks quite dressy and shiny for chambray? Is it also sporting hairline stripes? And what about the Easy-to-iron Blue Chambray? The texture looks good, but I'm a bit afraid that it might wear uncomfortable to the skin like some other easy-to-iron fabrics.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member