• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chrispy650

Reaction score
Just received the great wave pocket square in silk from the gf as a nice surprise. What's the best way to get the creases out due to folds from shipping?

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've had my Kent Wang umbrella for a little under two years and loved it. Unfortunately it broke this December and the only traditional umbrella shop in the city went under last year. Here's a picture of the problem:

umb.jpg

As you can see the runner has been pushed up too high and gotten stuck, and as a result the ribs have hyper-extended and aren't providing any support to the canopy. I've tried my best with a pair of pliers to dislodge the runner and move it back down, but its not budging. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix the problem with tools I have lying around the house?

umb2.jpg

There's also this crack above the top spring, but I'm not sure if it's a functional defect.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've had my Kent Wang umbrella for a little under two years and loved it. Unfortunately it broke this December and the only traditional umbrella shop in the city went under last year. Here's a picture of the problem:

View attachment 1105055

As you can see the runner has been pushed up too high and gotten stuck, and as a result the ribs have hyper-extended and aren't providing any support to the canopy. I've tried my best with a pair of pliers to dislodge the runner and move it back down, but its not budging. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix the problem with tools I have lying around the house?

View attachment 1105056

There's also this crack above the top spring, but I'm not sure if it's a functional defect.

Can you invert it as if the wind caught the canopy? It may remove the tension and allow you to move the collar back down.

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you all a heads up before an email blast goes out in a few days. We just launched some new donegal sweaters on the site in very limited inventory, if you are interested grab one now. We updated the sweater sizes charts to reflect both the cashmere and donegals so please take a look at that before placing an order.

http://www.kentwang.com/outerwear

Sweater Donegal Grey.jpg

Sweater Donegal Navy.jpg

Sweater Donegal Red.jpg

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey dudes, thinking of grabbing the KW sunglasses in the size 50. these still legit? fit decent enough on a guy with a pretty big head?

also how fast is shipping, typically speaking? i'm in NY myself, but not the city.

thanks!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey dudes, thinking of grabbing the KW sunglasses in the size 50. these still legit? fit decent enough on a guy with a pretty big head?

also how fast is shipping, typically speaking? i'm in NY myself, but not the city.

thanks!
I like my Flemings. I actually had two pairs, but left one in a rental car.

I don't remember shipping being too long when I ordered from them in the past.

StarlitShades

Reaction score

thanks!

Hey! I'm pretty sure a size 50 may be a little small for dudes with big heads (like myself). If you know the bridge size is around 18 to 20 you will have a good fit. I'm 6ft about 150 lbs and my head is fairly big. Most shades that fit me well have about a 58 lens or even 60 and with a bridge between 14 and 18.

Hope this helps!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with the handgrade double monks? Curious to know if any who have both those and the oxfords felt the need to size down with the monks, given the lack of laces?

livetaswim06

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues getting ahold of KW customer support? I sent them an email requesting a return and they replied really quickly (literally 1 minute). I shipped the item weeks ago and reached out 2 days ago to confirm if they got it and never heard back. Now their website seems to be down as well, not sure if that is related though.

Loved the quality and build of the polo I got. Unfortunately at 6'1 and 225, the XXL was very tight on me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member