• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nearly 2 months have passed since i placed my order with Nick at Bespoke and 3 weeks since he last emailed. and now ive been forced to file a Paypal dispute. what a sad and pathetic turn of events. i still remember my first purchase 5 years ago when he was still selling G&G. and now its come to this. how utterly disappointing and time wasting this experience has been. what a joke. i regret having recommended anyone to Nick

so pretty much everything with JL has gone to ****, including the "service"

Very disappointing. I have never dealt with Bespoke, but will make sure I never do now.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you go there in person? After Christmas, I went there in person and asked him about the status of shoes, and then he gave me one of the pairs.

You order online, then have to go to their shop in person to get the shoes you ordered? That's rediculous!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I emailed him a couple of weeks back with my confirmation # and order information and told him I would call my CC the next day to cancel. He replied back within a few hours asking if I wanted the shoes or if I wanted to cancel. I told him I'd prefer to just cancel at this point and he refunded my CC within like 2 business days.

If you just send him an email without your order information he may have trouble looking you up in the system.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nick's service in the past (even in ealry 2015) was exceptionally responsive,
so the incredible delays on the lobb sale are very strange (my pair was shipped after more than a month).

Guys, his shop is built to move 25 pairs max per week. He got 1000+ orders in one week. Combine that with him not physically having the shoes in hand and having to pick them up from Lobb, recipe for the current situation. He should have just told every - 2 month fulfillment period.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I emailed him a couple of weeks back with my confirmation # and order information and told him I would call my CC the next day to cancel. He replied back within a few hours asking if I wanted the shoes or if I wanted to cancel. I told him I'd prefer to just cancel at this point and he refunded my CC within like 2 business days.

If you just send him an email without your order information he may have trouble looking you up in the system.

Sounds like he didn't even make an attempt at fulfilling your order until you raised an issue. That's insane.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gave Nick every benefit of the doubt because I had positive experiences in the past. And even though it wasnt always perfect, I stuck through it. But having witnessed some of the scams - by once trusted sellers- on this forum, its evident that there comes a time when the risk and worry becomes too much. And 7 weeks after purchase and 3 weeks after last response is when i reached that breaking point.

P.S. These other SF scams had fan boys too who attempted to assuage the fears of fellow members and even criticized members for doubting the seller, all while the seller went silent

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a good a a bad experience with Nick too. Sorry to say no more shoes from Bespoke. Feel sorry for you guys.

Tony Yang

Reaction score

This is the old style Prestige line: This is the new one:
Huh...interesting. Here is mine:
It's the new branding with the new "John Lobb" on the waist....but the heel uses the JL insignia.

Chowkin

Reaction score
My friends and I ordered a total of 18 pairs and 14 were shipped in December. Nick just informed me that of the four pairs outstanding, he found two which would be shipped shortly. I think the chance of finding the remaining two is rather slim

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The JLP Talland boots I purchased late last year have the JL logo, but also the heel...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads