• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dantatzai

Reaction score

The Villain Crew & Hooded Villain are about the same size, perhaps the neck on previous version made some people size down. The Villain Crew may have been slightly roomier in the chest. The newest version of the Villain Crew, which is available now, is in line with the hooded villain and has a classic crew neck.

I'm not going to recommend people size down from the Villain, but you certainly can. This piece is a bit roomier as we think mesh should have some room to breath. I wear a medium in the hooded villain & villain crew and can wear a small or medium in these. The short sleeves on the Hooded Rebel have enough length that you can wear them a little longer, or roll them up..we recommend doing either, whatever feels the best.

The mesh has tshirt lining, so it is designed to be worn alone though you can certainly layer it and wear it as a light pullover hoodie.

There will be size guides when the product pages go live at 3PM.

Hi sorry but I recently sent back the second version of the villain crew since the villain crew with classic crew neck was released and purchased them in a medium. I usually wear a large in villains (as stated earlier) but the second version of the villain crew in a medium was perfect. The new version with the classic crew should still be the same on sizing right? Mainly asking because I do not have a lot of wiggle room with the medium and a medium in the villain is too way too tight maybe cuz of the hood not sure - srry just want to make sure since they sent the mediums already?

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi sorry but I recently sent back the second version of the villain crew since the villain crew with classic crew neck was released and purchased them in a medium. I usually wear a large in villains (as stated earlier) but the second version of the villain crew in a medium was perfect. The new version with the classic crew should still be the same on sizing right? Mainly asking because I do not have a lot of wiggle room with the medium and a medium in the villain is too way too tight maybe cuz of the hood not sure - srry just want to make sure since they sent the mediums already?

I have worn the same size in all the iterations of our Villain Crew., you should be good.

dantatzai

Reaction score

These will hit stockists but not for a couple weeks.

Definitely noticing the size chart measurements for the mesh and the small from shoulder to shoulder is the same size as a large villain at 18 inches - have you had anyone size down two sizes or do you have the chest measurements for the mesh hoodies?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Definitely noticing the size chart measurements for the mesh and the small from shoulder to shoulder is the same size as a large villain at 18 inches - have you had anyone size down two sizes or do you have the chest measurements for the mesh hoodies?

You can size down in this as it is a lighter material. A Villain in the same size is going to feel tighter because the fabric is much heavier. I can wear a small in these whereas I am definitely a medium in the Villain. I would not size down two sizes, however.

The chest measurement, p2p, are in the size guides.

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a small in everything but villain and got the mesh hoodie and tank in small. Aaaaand the grey exclusives. Love this stuff.

dantatzai

Reaction score

You can size down in this as it is a lighter material. A Villain in the same size is going to feel tighter because the fabric is much heavier. I can wear a small in these whereas I am definitely a medium in the Villain. I would not size down two sizes, however.

The chest measurement, p2p, are in the size guides.

Oh ok weird my browser isn't pulling up the chest measurements for some reason! Def appreciate that not normally 19 shoulder to shoulder but as stated previously - I definitively wear a large or medium so my guess is medium is the way to go as opposed to the small which will probably be too tight.

Thanks!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I have an XL in the villain which is pretty slim so I got an XL in the mesh before checking the sizing. It's like 2" bigger in the shoulders though so hopefully it works out.

Edit: Nevermind. Chest is the same and it's clearly a dropped shoulder on the rebel. Should be good, can't wait.

Last edited:

malcolm4819

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo

Just ordered the white/black mesh hoodie. Now I want to add the black one. How do I go about doing that without paying double for shipping?

dantatzai

Reaction score

Yeah I have an XL in the villain which is pretty slim so I got an XL in the mesh before checking the sizing. It's like 2" bigger in the shoulders though so hopefully it works out.

Edit: Nevermind. Chest is the same and it's clearly a dropped shoulder on the rebel. Should be good, can't wait.

Dropped shoulder meaning it should purposely be a little past shoulder area - fit wise made that way?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. Look at the fit pic on the website. The close up of the shoulder yoke shows it pretty clearly comes down past the natural shoulder.

dantatzai

Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo

Just ordered the white/black mesh hoodie. Now I want to add the black one. How do I go about doing that without paying double for shipping?

I've had this situation before unless they're systems changed - but you would order the black one as well since they can't modify orders and then email brandi@johnelliott and she will refund you or only charge you for the one shipping fee - which I believe she would do from past experience but don't want to speak for them on that lol :p

dantatzai

Reaction score

Yeah. Look at the fit pic on the website. The close up of the shoulder yoke shows it pretty clearly comes down past the natural shoulder.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that either but def get what your saying because when I first looked at the measurements - the small matched me and I'm not a small in any sweatshirt lol - good thing I went with the medium. I'm wondering how the grey looks close up. White looks sick but as with anything white - would have to be very careful of not getting stains on it :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads