• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any photos of men wearing proper summer hats, I.E. Panama?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today, a lovely sunny day...

Suit - Gieves & Hawkes

Tie - Marinella

PS - PSmith

Shirt - Canali

Shoes - J Lobb

Superb combos there, mate. Absolutely love that suit fabric, shoes and, of course, watch :D

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@luv2breformed - no straight on pics of that Kamakura, but check the spoiler below for today's. I would say it is a semi-spread. They also offer a cutaway, and I believe @UncleBeebo has a few.

@Holdfast - Not my style (shocking), but I salute your endeavor!

Pretty simple today. Thoughts on the square? The blues are actually slightly different shades, but it might be too much even with all the dots.

Lots to like here, CD, but a missed opportunity to be more adventurous with the square. I'm not sure about these types of PS, but I might recommend playing off the color in the tie, specifically the red: so greens, purples, browns in various shades. Actually take a look at SB's square.

coldsalmon

Reaction score

My new SuitSupply linen jacket (part of a suit, but I think it totally works as a separate).

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, square is good for a tone on tone look which is not typically my preferred square usage, but this is an example of it done well IMO.

Lots to like here, CD, but a missed opportunity to be more adventurous with the square. I'm not sure about these types of PS, but I might recommend playing off the color in the tie, specifically the red: so greens, purples, browns in various shades. Actually take a look at SB's square.

Thanks, guys. I feel like when I go navy blazer + grey pants + solid blue shirt + conservative-ish tie, I like to try to keep the square rather sedate so I feel SB's square might be too much for me here. Maybe not though.

My new SuitSupply linen jacket (part of a suit, but I think it totally works as a separate).

Looks nice, but the jacket might be a touch short, no? Could be the camera angle.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Given the recent discussion of garish ties, I figured I'd try one today.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the tie, I like the suit, but I don't like them together. The patterns clash in my head.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today, a lovely sunny day...

Suit - Gieves & Hawkes

Tie - Marinella

PS - PSmith

Shirt - Canali

Shoes - J Lobb

Great look, Cleave!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the tie, I like the suit, but I don't like them together. The patterns clash in my head.
Your mom clashes in my head

Needs a plain suit, Clags.
You need a plain suit.

[/wayrnrealtalk]

Agreed on both counts, though I'm not sure too plain would be the way to go. Something flannel or with a good amount of texture would work. I think double breasted or a three piece would be best, something which hides a lot of the tie. I've seen it mentioned a few times, but with really large scale patterns, you don't want too much of the tie showing so as to avoid overwhelming the fit as a whole. I have a DB that would work in shape and texture, but it might be too close in lightness to the tie to work well. Something I'll try next time I wear the tie (which will be at least 10 months).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads