• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit seems fairly typically English in style, and not particularly FU. I like that style of suit though. I'm not convinced the colour flatters you, but that may just be a combination of the mint shirt and the artificial/interior lighting. It looks taupe/olive here and that's a tricker shade to wear. A richer/darker green or brown tends to work better on many skin tones I think.

I guess the colour on the picture is a gross misconception, based on the premise lighting and my polo shirt, the colour is a light grayish brown, not dark brown or green.
For those who said there are lots of men wearing brown suits, I guess you don't live in big cities.

FU might be too strong for this, nonetheless with the right shirts and tie, this will be a very nice suit for non-business purpose, pic soon

LooksGood

Reaction score
Quoted for truth.

I like a lot of the GZA and Ghostface solo too. However, I thought only white people listened to Wu Tang. At least that is who mostly attends their concerts.

Mostly white people attend Wu Tang concerts? Are you kidding? That surprises me. Anyway, I like everyone but my favorites are Raekwon and GZA. Method Man is good but overrated.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly white people attend Wu Tang concerts? Are you kidding? That surprises me. Anyway, I like everyone but my favorites are Raekwon and GZA. Method Man is good but overrated.

Ghost Face is the best to me.. he is the most consistent in terms of records.. he is still releasing records that are hot..cant say that for the others..

Naka

Reaction score

Is that shirt light blue or white? The pale pink with the grey is fantastic.
One day I will have trousers that fit that well.

Albert Hal

Reaction score
Nice colours. You know, I saw a near-idently fabric in a Zegna suit the other day. Very nice (would have been tempted if it had fit me better). You have a real eye for finding good vintage items.

Thanks.
Yes, it is a nice fabric and good quality. I only payed 1100 SEK, approx 120 GBP for the Joseph suite. And a little more for the shoes

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, the pants have been hemmed but I'm not very satisfied. Where I live people wear trousers much longer, and it's becoming a challenge to get them shortened to my wish.

Hah! This sounds familiar...

I'm bothered with "you look ridiculous" comments everyday because I like my pants with almost no break. Learned to live with them. Coming from men with sloppy pants with hems that gather above the shoe and inseams that start at the knee, I don't care
lol8[1].gif

About your suit, I don't think the jacket is that short, as it seems to cover your rear; it looks like you're wearing your pants a tad lower than they were intended to (crotch sags a bit) and that might contribute to the shortness effect. Sleeves are a bit long, by 2 cm or so. Jacket overall seems a tad tight; you can see some bowing in the lapels (tight chest), pulling at the top button (tight waist) and non-overlapping bottom button (tight hips); though all this might be due to your stance. Shoulders fit well; there might be enough seam allowance in the jacket to let it out a bit elsewhere, so it ends up with cleaner lines.

Is this RTW or MTM?

Last edited:

FranSuitman

Reaction score
Good to know I am not the only one who had the same problem. I don't care about what they think, The problem is that at the end they always do what they think is right.

The jacket can be buttoned easily, and it's not uncomfortable to wear. Somehow, I like jackets with a little bit of silhouette, but, yes, I don't like the bow effect on the lapels, it's not looking good (the collar peaks should reach the lapels - or vice versa).

This is RTW, without altering, for now. Only the trousers has been hemmed a bit).

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know I am not the only one who had the same problem. I don't care about what they think, The problem is that at the end they always do what they think is right.

The jacket can be buttoned easily, and it's not uncomfortable to wear. Somehow, I like jackets with a little bit of silhouette, but, yes, I don't like the bow effect on the lapels, it's not looking good (the collar peaks should reach the lapels - or vice versa).

This is RTW, without altering, for now. Only the trousers has been hemmed a bit).

Yeah, but with some perseverance you might get there. I usually hem the pants myself, but when not, I've already convinced both my tailor and my habitual salesmen from El Corte Inglés to leave the trousers the way I want
lol8[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm bothered with "you look ridiculous" comments everyday because I like my pants with almost no break. Learned to live with them. Coming from men with sloppy pants with hems that gather above the shoe and inseams that start at the knee, I don't care
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

same here. and even for my own liking it took a while getting used to my pants looking like that, but it really is so much better than the standard pool of fabric that gathers around so many mens pant cuffs.

inb4pantsdownsexjoke

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some resistance too when I started bring my stuff to my tailor, but the bottom line is that you are the boss. You have to wear the clothes, not the tailor. You have to be firm and say, "Yes, I understand that you think they are long or short enough, but I don't think so, and I want them a bit shorter /longer". The tailor will adapt to your personal preferences when dealing with you. :D

Thank you, the pants have been hemmed but I'm not very satisfied. Where I live people wear trousers much longer, and it's becoming a challenge to get them shortened to my wish. 

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1000!!!

Hah! This sounds familiar...

I'm bothered with "you look ridiculous" comments everyday because I like my pants with almost no break. Learned to live with them. Coming from men with sloppy pants with hems that gather above the shoe and inseams that start at the knee, I don't care.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least that's what I noticed at the few that I've been to. Admittedly I did not follow them city to city across the country on tour, so it may vary by city.
Ghost Face is the best to me.. he is the most consistent in terms of records.. he is still releasing records that are hot..cant say that for the others..
Its a tough call to make, but I won't go as far to say that your point is not valid. However, I feel like some of his more recent albums only had a few good songs on it, unlike Ironman or Supreme clientele where you did not want to skip any tracks.

That OB4CL 2 album was [sort of] a recent good one, however its very different from the original stylistically.

Not sure this is the right thread to discuss this, sorry for going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads