• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Maybe I am confused by the vocabulary.
To me it seems all of those who say they don't go bespoke go Ready To Wear.
Is RTW the same as Off The Rack, only with a few alternations made to the garment or is RTW what I would call Made To Measure?
Because here in Germany there are a lot of MTM offerings and there should be some of them who deliver decent work, shouldn't it?

MTM is IMO not worth the extra money if your measurements are close to standard measurements, which spoo's evidently are.

no mtm suit will fix spoo's problems.

you're right, MTM is big in germany.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I thought, have you tried MTM than or could honey badger just not give a **** about anything else than RTW/OTR?

if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a **** that you didnt say that instead. :teach:
also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a **** about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.
you are welcome sir.

In light of recent events, I vote a mod change Spoo's name to honeybadger for the good of the forum :nodding:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a **** that you didnt say that instead. :teach:
also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a **** about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.
you are welcome sir.

a + b = D?

no mtm suit will fix spoo's problems.

No, but a few Jack Daniels, a macbook, and a wifi connection will. Works every time.

In light of recent events, I vote a mod change Spoo's name to honeybadger for the good of the forum :nodding:

How does someone NOT have that title yet?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a + b = D?
No, but a few Jack Daniels, a macbook, and a wifi connection will. Works every time.

Because secretly, we as a forum were hoping that you would wake up to your true nature, accept it's implications, and then go eat bee larvae and kill a cobra.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a + b = D?

1. It makes me happy to learn you enjoy Jack. Official drink of SF :slayer:

2. Great question. Are we sure it is available?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
In light of recent events, I vote a mod change Spoo's name to honeybadger for the good of the forum
nod[1].gif

Which leads me to ask, what is a SpooPoker, anyway?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Thanks man! Also, I appreciate your words in the maelstrom of Mondays conversation here, I dont think I ever thanked you for that.
Well, I prefer instant gratification, thats one. Im still impetuous enough to not want to wait. Also, I routinely work about 15 hours a day, so I dont have a lot of free time. Also, I think for the most part I have a good enough build that I make RTW work... in the past I have picked the wrong RTW, but I am slowly correcting that, and as you can see here with my newest looks today, I think that its improved.

this. some fortunate people wouldnt benefit THAT much from bespoke. Spoo happens to fall into that group. Most RTW/OTR suiting is made for fellas with his frame. No ****, but spoo wears the **** out of Tahm Fooord. Stuff like that is made for him. :slayer:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

1. It makes me happy to learn you enjoy Jack. Official drink of SF :slayer:
2. Great question. Are we sure it is available?

As my name may or may not suggest I have a penchant for fire water. I'll let this slide as Jack has served me well in a pinch (a pinch some would call "college"), but do know there is far better. I figure I might as well drink the best if it's going to end up on my EGs at the end of the night...

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which leads me to ask, what is a SpooPoker, anyway?

You might just as well have asked, "What is the matrix?"

By the way, Spoo, the new avatar is making me queasy.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Spoo. That suit certainly is loud, but you wear it well. I especially like the toned down brown tie. Anything brighter would be too OTT.

Today, the Anti-Spoot - a BB charcoal sack.

BB
BB BD
Rooster
Talbott
Stuart McGuire

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a + b = D?

no. fact 1 is established. fact 2 is also established. facts 1 and 2 are then combined to lead to fact 3. this becomes the proven problem. subsequent to this, as a favor i offer a possible solution to the aforementioned proven problem.

because the honeybadger doesnt give a **** about custom titles. therefor it would be insulting to a true honeybadger to have such a title and disingenuous to give the title to a non honey badger.

once again :teach:

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

this. some fortunate people wouldnt benefit THAT much from bespoke. Spoo happens to fall into that group. Most RTW/OTR suiting is made for fellas with his frame. No ****, but spoo wears the **** out of Tahm Fooord. Stuff like that is made for him. :slayer:

with my comment, i meant basically that the subtle problems with spoo's fit as articulated by a number of the more experienced posters (and which to me as a man with decent taste and style but, alas, no formal experience with bespoke tailoring, seem rather trivial), can be solved through good bespoke tailoring, but not from MTM.

thus i disagree with your statement: everybody would benefit from "going bespoke", as it were. but MTM suits still use the same basic framework of a RTW suit.

someone like me, however, could probably benefit from MTM because i have a considerable drop, lean legs and long arms. i have to get all my suits altered by a tailor, and if i didn't have such a good one i probably would do more MTM.

also good thing you put that disclaimer in there, i otherwise would totally have thought you were flaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads