• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Spoo, if you can afford Tom Ford and Zegna, would purchasing a bespoke suit be much more expensive?
If not so, why don't you have a try?
Any personal reasons we do not know of?

because spoo is the honeybadger. and, well you know the rest.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe Ill play with a different tie thats a little bolder the next time, but thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking about a solid, shiny silk tie that picked up one of the stripe colors. With a muted white FC shirt (Really...how can you wear a suit like THAT and not wear links?!?!?!)

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Sure it takes some time, but come on, look at Spoos post counter + his wife is even cool with him hanging out at SF while they are on vacation, so time shoulnd't be the problem in my opinion.

not just some time, lots of time, and several trips if you don't live in london or naples (or new york or moscow, i suppose :D)

i suppose i could go to knize, but even for great bespoke i'm not spending 8k on a suit, even if i could. no wait, i probably would.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Honey badgers are pretty bad ass! ;)
Spoo,15h/day doesn't sound healthy and you're still willing to take pictures of yourself every single morning?

My wife takes the pictures, not me. Thats my quiet, introspective, preparing for the internets time.

I was thinking about a solid, shiny silk tie that picked up one of the stripe colors. With a muted white FC shirt (Really...how can you wear a suit like THAT and not wear links?!?!?!)

I really dont see a shiny tie working well with the sheen of the suit...and the stripes are all tones of blue, so I wanted a contrast, not to come off like a castoff from the blue man group.. but Ill play around.

soccerdude

Reaction score
I am liking the jeans. In the business world I am hopping that a more casual dress such as yours begins to become the norm. Thanks for the inspiration!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Maybe I am confused by the vocabulary.
To me it seems all of those who say who don't go bespoke go Ready To Wear.
Is RTW the same as Off The Rack, only with a few alternations made to the garment or is RTW what I would call Made To Measure?
Because here in Germany there are a lot of MTM offerings and there should be some of them who deliver decent work, shouldn't it?

Bespoke > MTM > RTW/OTR

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I meant to say this instead.

if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a **** that you didnt say that instead. :teach:

also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a **** about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.

you are welcome sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads