• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still as I continue lurking I observe you offending a lot of others as well.
Just let yourself be warned, if you won't change the way you behave towards others, especially people who contribue as much to this forum as nii does, I won't be afraid of reporting you to the admins for every single post that is offensive.

Yeah, well, good luck with that.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful coat. The fabric is killer. My only nit is it could stand to be an inch or two longer.

This is great banis, the coat is the bee's ******* knees..

I have an aversion to the polo shirt/SC combo, just can't stand it. I don't know why. Maybe GQ/Details induced.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Spoo-

Looks like Bradley Cooper is cribbing your look in his new movie:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats on the B-day and the new abode, but the suit shown, though it seems to fit you well in terms of shoulders, waist suppression and sleeve length, has lapels that would lead me to believe that you thrifted it, and that it was originally made sometime in the 1970. For my own tastes, the lapels would be a deal-breaker, and I personally do not like the fabric, and suit, shirt and tie are not working together as a whole IMHO (shirt and tie are fine separately - not so sure about together).

Sorry to rain on your parade . . .

No apologies necessary. Down here we can use all the rain we can get. The jacket was thrifted - ebayed rather - back while I was trying that. Worse than just that though, it's most likely an orphan rather than just an odd jacket. I've kept it and wear it though because of the fit - as well as its dated stylistic aspects. For me, it's a FU jacket. I like it because the lapels are huge and it has a single vent. It goes well with the rebellious aspects of my personality.

I've also got to agree about the combo. It seemed to work in my head, but did not come together. What I usually wear with the jacket is something simple - charcoal pant and white/light blue shirt go together well to over shadow the jacket and come together. I've done that before though. Tonight I wanted to push a little bit and be willing to miss. No one there was going to notice the difference, and if I'm not pushing myself, then things get boring and who wants to be boring?

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matt, I am totally fine with you being of a different opinion to what most other users on this board are, you add diversity, which is very helpful, but your way of expressing your opinion is obscene and offensive.
When you attacked myself in another thread I decided to let go and just leave the thread, because I am not interested in starting a fight with some random guy on an internet forum, I couldn't care less about.
Just let yourself be warned, if you won't change the way you behave towards others, especially people who contribue as much to this forum as nii does, I won't be afraid of reporting you to the admins for every single post that is offensive.[/quote]

About time. What bothers me is the fact that Octavian or what was his name was banned in a week for being so belligerent while Iammatt has been doing this for quite some time. Being "old guard" seems to make a huge difference.

Manofstyle85

Reaction score

I have been a long time follower of this forum, since WWRN part I, I was 22. Sadly, I just join and this is my very first post. By the way are part I and II gone forever or are they in Archive hidden somewhere? I'd like to browse trough some old pictures.

I just wanted t play with patterns
Zegna sport coat, zegna tie, Cadini shirt, Giovanni Marquez shoes

sellahi22

Reaction score

matt, I am totally fine with you being of a different opinion to what most other users on this board are, you add diversity, which is very helpful, but your way of expressing your opinion is obscene and offensive.
When you attacked myself in another thread I decided to let go and just leave the thread, because I am not interested in starting a fight with some random guy on an internet forum, I couldn't care less about.
Just let yourself be warned, if you won't change the way you behave towards others, especially people who contribue as much to this forum as nii does, I won't be afraid of reporting you to the admins for every single post that is offensive.

About time. What bothers me is the fact that Octavian or what was his name was banned in a week for being so belligerent while Iammatt has been doing this for quite some time. Being "old guard" seems to make a huge difference.[/quote]

Obviously, being "old guard" makes all the difference. I agree that iammatt is an asshole, and I don't know exactly why he's such an asshole, but face it - he and a handful of other posters have made this forum what it is. The reality is that it would be a substantial net improvement to this thread and to this forum if you, Louix XIV, and niidog were banished and replaced with a few new fit pics from matt. It's reasonable that he gets different treatment, in the same way that in the university context, a curmudgeonly but distinguished senior professor can and should get away with a lot more than a snot nosed college freshman.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About time. What bothers me is the fact that Octavian or what was his name was banned in a week for being so belligerent while Iammatt has been doing this for quite some time. Being "old guard" seems to make a huge difference.

Obviously, being "old guard" makes all the difference. I agree that iammatt is an asshole, and I don't know exactly why he's such an asshole, but face it - he and a handful of other posters have made this forum what it is. The reality is that it would be a substantial net improvement to this thread and to this forum if you, Louix XIV, and niidog were banished and replaced with a few new fit pics from matt. It's reasonable that he gets different treatment, in the same way that in the university context, a curmudgeonly but distinguished senior professor can and should get away with a lot more than a snot nosed college freshman. [/quote]

Well, as long as people are open about this, I don't really mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads