• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You got that right.

TrailerParkWeddin.jpg

my_big_redneck_wedding_5-x600.jpg

I can't believe Aunt Dot gave you those pictures. Our wedding was a private affair between Doreen and me. Damn you T

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
patternse.jpg

These two combinations pose the same problem to me. On the left, the tie appears to have pindots, but the dots really create small squares that are basically the same size as the gingham pattern on the shirt... I can see why when grabbing these ties, one could think that they don't have matching patterns with the shirts.

For better or for worse(!), it was a deliberate choice to echo the gingham's squares with the similar-sized square created by the formation of dots on the tie, not an accident of fate. :D

I really like your idea of picking themes to critique tho'; compare/contrast exercises are great ways to bring out details and explore them.

Last edited:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's an interesting critique. I'm just happy to get any feedback as most times my pics rarely elicit any response at all!

Not sure off ate a good thing or not. :D

FWIW, I prefer to critique outfits that I think are 90% there. Some may call it nitpicking, but, honestly, I think it's the little details that often make or break an outfit. Having said that, I liked that particular outfit. The combinations were good. I could quibble on the fit of some of the pieces, but the outfit was well composed. I'd think a PS that is a little less matchy-matchy and maybe a tighter knot would improve things as well, but that stuff may legitimately be knit picky. Otherwise, I think you had a good overall concept.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Swedish conductors generally just wear waistcoats, short sleeved shirts and polyester ties

Pantless train conductors, eh? I admire Sweden's progressivism.

I can't believe Aunt Dot gave you those pictures. Our wedding was a private affair between Doreen and me. Damn you T

Aunt Dot owed me one. We're even now.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All points well made and much appreciated.

It's a BB sack cotton blazer which I've had nipped but it will never fit as well as a darted jacket. Tie could have been tightened as you say, for some reason when er I take a semi side view pic to show shirt, tie and PS the tie always seems to look weird when it's not like that face on. Clearly I need Victor's photographer!

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox and IST left around the same time. ....Did someone scoup out their brains and transplant them?
Anyone else notice that our other well-dressed Russian friend, IST66, disappeared right around the time that Victor showed up? :lookaround:

There can be only one.

Ha-ha:)
It is not necessary to worry, gentlemen. My brains on a place and in very good condition. Simply small break.:slayer:
Portugal, summer 2011

0355a1fa.jpg

a7cad359.jpg

6cfbbccd.jpg

2be4855d.jpg

100af68d.jpg

305b1686.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads