• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As SB once said, we all fail to heed our better angel at times. I need to start ignoring posts like that. But it did just occur to me that I may be able to roll up my unhemmed HY pants for the Friday fit instead of cuffing them. THAT is fashion forward.
biggrin.gif
Probably a streetwear & denim thing. I've never seen anyone here post pics with a roll.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a very superb fit my man. I'll post a full length shot once I get my new RJ back from my tailor.
cheers.gif
why thank you kindly! i look forward to seeing them. :cheers:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
re: shoes

If I could have my way (I suppose I could), I'd just wear park avenues in brown, black, and burgundy all the time. I suspect as I get older, this is what I'll end up doing.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Most Koreans can understand (well, can sort of understand) why I have so many ties/jackets/shirts. That I have 10+ pairs of shoes, or spend more than 300 dollars (for me, the sweet spot is between 300-500...I'm a low roller like that) on shoes, is a mystery to most of them. Also that I used shoe trees. For them, shoes are something to be used and disposed of.

Perhaps I'll change my mind once I return to the States.

I agree with Johnboy's pro jacket/shirt/tie sentiments, though I'm not so vociferously anti-shoe. Most of the shoes that get posted here are quite wonderful and unmuddy. I just don't get the same...satisfaction...in seeing an awesome pant, sock, and shoe combo that I do with jacket/shirt/tie/ps.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Johnboy's pro jacket/shirt/tie sentiments, though I'm not so vociferously anti-shoe. Most of the shoes that get posted here are quite wonderful and unmuddy. I just don't get the same...satisfaction...in seeing an awesome pant, sock, and shoe combo that I do with jacket/shirt/tie/ps.
I feel the same. But I like a full fit more than anything. I don't need a closeup of the shoes, though it's not a negative. The full fit matters most. Your summer fit was legit until you mentioned the boots, which look quite winteresque to me. It would have been the difference of a few points to see them.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel the same. But I like a full fit more than anything. I don't need a closeup of the shoes, though it's not a negative. The full fit matters most. Your summer fit was legit until you mentioned the boots, which look quite winteresque to me. It would have been the difference of a few points to see them.

this. i am not advocating for close ups of the socks, pants, shoes. we have a dedicated thread for that.

what i am saying is, that a full fit is incomplete without seeing the shoes. i am even hesitant to really give full accolades to a fit without the shoes showing. the wrong shoes often really throw off a fit for me.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Auto-focus decided not to work for some reason on the full-length snap. Maybe the camera is becoming sentient, and deciding which fits it likes. Anyway, close-up only today...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hi guise- Clags, elegant Nathan Lane, sorry, it's you DC, nice fit
smile.gif
Pingson- that's a great jacket- 2 great jackets really, and a fantastic tie- so subtle, so dry Would appreciate opinions on which is better below?- with the blue linen, or same fit, brown escorial tie. Cream poplin shirt, white linen PS Deets.. Lite Blue Linen- Hober
Escorial wool tie from Panta Vass Italian Oxford
Blue
imo, socks generally look better in a fit when they are lighter than the trou. i dont always adhere to that, but i think it is usually the case. as matter of fact, the socks/pants/shoes are my favorite part of his fit.
I would say it is better for socks to be lighter rather than darker than the trousers. But I do think the socks are TOO light in this case.
I usually like it as well, but I think for conservative business dress and general consistency it looks better if the socks are darker than the pants. Otherwise it causes a break between the shoes and the pants. It can draw too much attention to the socks.
These socks are fine. I have spoken. :)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today, I'm getting my wrinkle on. I'm also showing Clags a bit of that high button he likes so well.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately
shog[1].gif
, but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's much much better. Derby laces look casual to me, which works in the summer. The color, too.

And I love quarter-brogues, so that works.

And the fit in that pic is pretty legit, too.

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SB, not sure I would have gone with a tie that contrasts so little with everything else, but this is one of those things that I can appreciate even if I wouldn't wear it myself. Looks like you should be fanning yourself while sipping a mint julep. Looks good.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately
shog%5B1%5D.gif
, but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort.
LL
definitely better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics