• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmm52.jpg

2011-011.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Looks good, SB. A somewhat lower buttoning point would improve what's a very solid look.
Thank you, and I think you're absolutely right. I looked at the picture and thought, "Man, that button seems awfully high." A quick check confirmed that it's almost up to my xiphoid process. In any case, this was purchased pre-SF, and I won't make the same mistake again. I hope.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm52.jpg
2011-011.jpg

But for the knot's overwhelming the tie space, I quite like this, Kap. Nice shine on the kicks, too!

ndw

Reaction score
tb0LF.jpg
0tbTg.jpg

BXpuu.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Magnificent.

Casual Friday.

Details

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier

Casual Friday.

Details

The top half looks great. The pants don't, Lufty.

Originally Posted by ndw
tb0LF.jpg
0tbTg.jpg

BXpuu.jpg

I like the fit on this suit, Nick. Not sure about the tie and suit together. In the pics they appear to be the same color...maybe you were aiming for that.

Mike

Mike

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Magnificent.

Casual Friday.

Details

C'mon, Lufty, you couldn't let me be the guy in the light suit today without upstaging me?
laugh.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
The top half looks great. The pants don't, Lufty.
Yeah, they look like a wrinkled mess in this photo. That's linen/cotton combined with sitting at a desk, for ya.
ffffuuuu.gif
They are actually quite narrow. And I think another problem is that I've got my pant legs against that stump behind me.
Originally Posted by in stitches
btw ive always wanted to say, the disparity between your dress and that of your avatar cracks me up every time.
Vox is holding the giant invisible sandwich.
immortal.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
20110617.jpg

^But for the high button stance, I really like this a lot. The shirt is great.

^ Magnificent.

Casual Friday.

^Thanks, Luftvier. I really like this summer look as well.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I like the fit on this suit, Nick. Not sure about the tie and suit together. In the pics they appear to be the same color...maybe you were aiming for that.
Mike

Thanks, Mike. Tie is actually darker navy twill and the suit is a grayish/air force blue that didn't come out in the photo. They are close in color though. I was going for this:

xhEUY.jpg

My suit is the same color as this- and may even be the same silk/wool blend.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^But for the high button stance, I really like this a lot. The shirt is great.

Thanks. The shirt was purchased as an experiment from ModernTailor.com when they had a $25/shirt introductory special this spring. In addition to the soft, cutaway collar, I generally slimmed the proportions vs. my other shirts which I've gotten from MyTailor.com. The fabric isn't particularly luxe, but it feels nice and has held up well to repeated launderings and pressings. I upgraded to their MOP buttons, but I wish I hadn't because they're smallish relative to the buttonholes and have come undone on occasion. Overall, really happy with the shirts.

Probably more than you wanted to know...

Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks, Mike. Tie is actually darker navy twill and the suit is a grayish/air force blue that didn't come out in the photo. They are close in color though. I was going for this:

xhEUY.jpg

My suit is the same color as this- and may even be the same silk/wool blend.

Thanks for the additional information about the suit color. I can imagine it, and the look makes more sense to me now.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Magnificent.
Casual Friday. Details
Maybe fold-up the trousers an inch or so? Just so the trousers hang above the loafers. I think no break is the lowest you can go with loafers! Because your top half is so Indiana Jones/Lawrence of Arabia (although, no cuffs?), I was expecting a different shoe. What shoe? I have no idea! (A brown, suede brogue or chukka? Or brown dress shoes/monks?) You need to carry a cane with a diamond/some relic on top!
tongue.gif

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lufty, that outfit is FANTASTIC. I really like how the trousers look on you -- the whole look is very balanced. Don't do anything with the trousers (except to hike them up a tad bit) - they fit really well and look great on you.

Sugarbutch, that is a nice outfit in terms of color and fit.

ndw, great as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads