• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before speaking at a scholarship fund raising luncheon.

A much needed Starbucks "fix" afterwards.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clarinetplayer, I like, if not love, all of your outfits, but I have the feeling you could improve a lot if you would experiment a bit with patterns/texture.
You seem to wear flat solids almost exclusively and while it is save and you look tidy all of the time, I think it is kind of boring.
As I don't know you it may be exactly the style you are going for given your age and profession, it's just something I notice while looking at your fit pics.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I think CP could benefit from a little more room in the chest of his suits and some softer structure. They always seem a bit tight in the chest and the shoulders and chest piece makes it look like the jackets are made of kevlar. Perhaps if there was more room in the chest the jacket would sit better and the structure wouldn't look as apparent. Just my observations.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar is too skimpy. Tie is too close to the SC in pattern. As you said, the jacket is too tight in the chest. The buttoning point is also too high, which accentuates the tight chest fit. SC also appears too short, but can't really tell from the pose. The pants are navy which, as stated, are notoriously hard to pull off as separates. Additionally they could use some cleaning up; the bunching destroys any clean lines you could hope for and causes a ripple effect to the waist.
I knew this outfit would draw some ire because it breaches so many 'rules' - collar points not under lapels, light jacket with dark pants (navy pants no less), matchy patterns - did I miss any. As I tell my students, know the rules of design before you break them (admittedly engineering design, not clothing) so do I get a reprieve there, at least?
I said the jacket was light, not tight, and IRL it certainly isnt too tight in the chest, but my robo-pose may well make it look that way. It isnt short on me either (covers ******, as PG would say), but the low camera position makes it appear so - I hesitated in posting the full length photo because of that distortion, but oh well. Everything else I cant argue with and I appreciate the feedback.

FillW

Reaction score
CP: Looks good to me. Glad to see more guys wearing bowties. The tie looks a little off-center though.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could also use some feedback on the fit of this new navy v-neck. I like how it fits through the body & sleeves, but the shoulder seams are a little narrow compared to where my own shoulders are. Enough that it looks weird at first glance, or OK unless you look closely?

Can you smooth down the seams so they aren't sticking out and noticeable?

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SeaJen, you teach industrial/engineering design?
The Braun museum with lots of pieces of Dieter Rams is in my hometown.
Have to go there again any time soon.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The unbuttoned sleeve button and the shirt's collar do nothing for me, also, especially in the last picture, the shade of brown of tie and briefcase clashes with the belt and shoes for my eye, the rest is very nice, Victor.

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CousinDonuts: "i like the jacket pattern. any colors in it?"

Here's a close-up - blue, beige, and let's say, gold? It's wool/silk/linen Brooks Brothers.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
When the bag, belt and shoes one color and texture - it is extremely boring and trite.
wink.gif

More fun to play tones.
nod[1].gif

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When the bag, belt and shoes one color and texture - it is extremely boring and trite. ;)
More fun to play tones.   
nod%5B1%5D.gif

I agree, but in my opinion, when pairing different colours they should not clash.

I'd say
Different well paired colours > monochromous colours > poorly paired colours

Not saying the colours you chose match poorly but they do clash to MY eye.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
For a classic style - maybe this variant too bold. But for casual summer style - think it is appropriate to push the different shades of brown in bold combinations.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads