• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More vintage: This Mad Men 3-p-suit was made 29 January 1965. The bow tie is from the 80´s and a modern coat from Barneys. Totally €150

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a rainy morning so I went for the complete autumn look today. Then the sun came out and it looks like it will be a brilliant day :brick:

SC is from Bookster in Gladstone tweed. The tie is a navy 100% cashmere tie from Morgi Milano.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit and shirt - BB MTM
Tie and collar pin - BB
PS - Alain Figaret
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Shoes - C & J Edgwares

IMG_1321529x1280.jpg

IMG_1320424x1280.jpg

IMG_13161010x1280.jpg

IMG_1317945x1280.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Mr Crust: quite splendid, although I'm not a fan of collar pins. I also admired your windowpane a few days ago - so much that I've ordered some for my next visit to the tailor.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first definite chill in the air...

I could also use some feedback on the fit of this new navy v-neck. I like how it fits through the body & sleeves, but the shoulder seams are a little narrow compared to where my own shoulders are. Enough that it looks weird at first glance, or OK unless you look closely?

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've posted almost exactly the same thing before, and it's really more on the casual side (the crap camera made the colours so dark in the robo-pose picture that it wasn't worth posting today)

Deets: MTM blue / midnight herringbone jacket; J-Crew blue micro-gingham shirt; Engineered Garments bow-tie; J-Crew burgundy cords; Loake 1880 brogue boots.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chris, a lot better than yesterday!
I'd personal open the second button of my shirt.
V-neck looks fine to me.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mix of this jacket with summery accessories probably isn't going to get much love, so have at it. Contrast between coat and trousers is more pronounced IRL.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like it. What brand is it on the shirt? Also great pictures :)!

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like it. What brand is it on the shirt? Also great pictures :)!

Thanks. The shirt is from a spanish department store brand called "Emidio Tucci". Nothing special, but sometimes they carry decent products for a good price.

The photos have some crappy artificial depth of field applied with Photoshop, but it's much needed because the background is really busy... glad you like them though
tounge.gif

staxringold

Reaction score
I like that plenty, Diaz. And the little bit of blue in the jacket pattern ties nicely with the shirt.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Navy pants and a light jacket. Tsk, tsk.
Collar is too skimpy. Tie is too close to the SC in pattern. As you said, the jacket is too tight in the chest. The buttoning point is also too high, which accentuates the tight chest fit. SC also appears too short, but can't really tell from the pose. The pants are navy which, as stated, are notoriously hard to pull off as separates. Additionally they could use some cleaning up; the bunching destroys any clean lines you could hope for and causes a ripple effect to the waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads