• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
didn't have any ironed shirts ready to wear in the morning
so... what better way to hide a wrinkled shirt than throwing on a sweater?
rps20120222_114416_718.jpg

wearing my new rugby shetland wool crewneck with the elbow patches
they were out of mediums so i got a large size ... may actually ask my tailor to slim this through the body (his wife does knit tailoring, i believe)
rps20120222_140449_461.jpg

AE verona horsebit loafers

I applaud you for keeping alive the tradition of public restroom photos. :slayer:

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pants are sort of an olive-brown melange, more towards olive, which may or may not be showing up well in the photo.
2h3abux.jpg

9j3rsy.jpg

98zjfo.jpg

I'd say this would be perfect if not for the shirt. I dislike it in this ensemble.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pants are sort of an olive-brown melange, more towards olive, which may or may not be showing up well in the photo.

Really beautiful sportcoat, deets? I second acecows suggestion, but, I sense you like to pattern match so I think a very small scale check would look good with this with a solid tie.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

I'd say this would be perfect if not for the shirt. I dislike it in this ensemble.

Really beautiful sportcoat, deets? I second acecows suggestion, but, I sense you like to pattern match so I think a very small scale check would look good with this with a solid tie.

Noted, thanks guys.

Citan - it is Brioni.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that the pale blue of the shirt works well with the jacket and the tie, but the stripes don't add much of any value to the mix. Otherwise, really like the combo - nice boots, too.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input (although I still don't quite know what drape means... those little waves in the chest from extra material?). I actually have two of these broad houndstooth black and white coats that I am trying to decide between, and then I am going to the tailor.

Here is the other one.
What I mean is that for your body type, you should go for a looser fit, not a sculpted fit. Upr_crust nails the "American Sacksuit" look, which is what I think you should be going for (so take note of his daily posts). If you can have the waist of the jacket let out any, that might help... but don't quote me on that.

However, as has been mentioned, the biggest problem with this jacket is that there is too much space around the collar (the lapels of the jacket are gaping open). I'm not a tailor, so I have no idea if this can be fixed.

May I be considered for the 1657368th best dressed shrink in training ever? I wholeheartedly second your assessment of Dr. Holdfast ! Most of the psychiatrists and psychologists I work with are not very interested in even wear a dress shirt...

FWIW (theme of the day) I look like a brooks brothers ad today. Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. No pix of shoes today but burgundy mcallisters. Trousers are light light grey if there is any question.

Fit pose

The jacket looks to be too close in color to the pants.

Was told by one of our building maintenance workers today that I looked like I should be in Congress. I believe he meant it as a compliment.
biggrin.gif

Leaning-75.jpg

Leaning2-3.jpg

Closeup-140.jpg

Braces-7.jpg

Feet-79.jpg
Congressmen don't wear brown shoes.
eh.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a fierce beast, thus the tie clip. (Also, note that the photo is taken from below, emphasizing the priapism.)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads