• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree. The Epaulet M is bigger than a Gitman Vintage S. I'm a small in both Epaulet and Gitman Vintage. I find the biggest differences are the Epaulet is more fitted than the GV in the mid section and the jump in measurements isn't as great in an Epaulet shirt.

Epaulet has the same fit and measurements for pretty much every shirt. Gitman Vintage fit and measurements differ substantially not only between shirt styles, but also in the same shirt between seasons. Hence why Epaulet has different measurement charts on its site for each GV shirt. Not much point trying to create a rule to translate sizing between the two brands really.

nadav

Reaction score
Some poor pictures of my sexiest shoe... the Carmina shortwing in chestnut cordovan. Tried to make the first one close to the true color.

neutrino

Reaction score
Some poor pictures of my sexiest shoe... the Carmina shortwing in chestnut cordovan. Tried to make the first one close to the true color.
Is it just me or the shape in the first pic is a bit odd, like the shoe is too narrow for the foot?

Last edited:

mike1445

Reaction score

From my experience, Gitman shirts are actually much larger than Epaulet, like a full size and possibly then some. I have several Gitman shirts and their large is even larger than Epaulet's XL.

I disagree. The Epaulet M is bigger than a Gitman Vintage S. I'm a small in both Epaulet and Gitman Vintage. I find the biggest differences are the Epaulet is more fitted than the GV in the mid section and the jump in measurements isn't as great in an Epaulet shirt.

Yeah Gitmans are bigger. For example M in Epaulet is S in Gitman

That statment was based on someone elses stated experience who returned their gitman for the epaulet, can't remember who it was, I'll see if Epaulet has a 2xl and if not I'll have to look for a Gitman XL and give that a shot, thanks guys.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Mike, any news on the Epaulet line of polo shirts?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

You stated that tongue pads can be used to minimize or eliminate heal slippage. What are your thoughts about the heal strips (I'm not sure if those are the proper words, but it's the strip of leather/suede you put on the back of the shoes to eliminate slipping)? Thanks!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet has the same fit and measurements for pretty much every shirt. Gitman Vintage fit and measurements differ substantially not only between shirt styles, but also in the same shirt between seasons. Hence why Epaulet has different measurement charts on its site for each GV shirt. Not much point trying to create a rule to translate sizing between the two brands really.

This has been my experience as well. It completely screwed me up because I had purchased a few GVs in S after deciding that was my size in Epaulet, and both fit me well. A season or two later, I found some other GVs were bigger and others were smaller; I just couldn't be sure any more.

I'm glad Epaulet is consistent across fabrics, styles and seasons.

Hey Mike,
You stated that tongue pads can be used to minimize or eliminate heal slippage. What are your thoughts about the heal strips (I'm not sure if those are the proper words, but it's the strip of leather/suede you put on the back of the shoes to eliminate slipping)? Thanks!

I own a pair of C&J suede oxfords that are about a quarter size too long for my feet. I tried both heel strips and tongue pads to rectify the problem, and found that the tongue pads worked much better for me. The tongue pads push my entire foot back a bit, thereby filling in the whole space at the back of the shoe, while the heel strips only filled in a portion of that space. Of course, your mileage may vary.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Interesting, Keith. DId you attach the tongue pads yourself? I read that some have a cobbler put in the pads for them for a custom fit. I also see some cut the pads in half and space them out. I think I will try on a pair this weekend. :slayer:

Renalan

Reaction score
Chiming in on the shirt discussion. I'd say a pre-wash Epaulet M is larger than a Gitman S, but if you hot wash/dry an Epaulet shirt like they do to Gitmans before they're sent out, they get a lot closer in size.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who kopped the new camo chinos... what are you wearing with 'em? I'm not sure what to wear with mine... besides like a white OCBD...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads