• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a good chance that you could still fit the last's that we use. I know you own some Alden's and Carmina's definitely don't feel as wide. I personally have a slightly narrow foot (judging from how the majority of dress shoes fit, though I've never been measured on a Brannock device) and can size down an entire size on the Barrie last. The Inca fits me REALLY well. It's narrow enough that I don't have a lot of extra space, but doesn't feel restrictive.

Makes sense, thanks for the info Matt. All the Carminas I've seen do look much sleeker than any Alden I've ever worn, so they might work for me. Hopefully I can plan a trip up to NYC soon, and when I'm there I'll stop by and try some on.

I love those shoes, but that combo is doing you no favors, especially where the socks are concerned. Loafers (w/o the socks) would be the better choice in my opinion.

I assumed snuff suede would look killer with the french blues, but yeah something just seems a little off about this. Like you said, I think it might just be the socks.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh my god. Oh lord.

So before this, I had 2 pairs of Aldens, both Barrie, but one pair is the chukkas, and the other is a size and a half too large (don't ask). Well, you know the "Barrie chukkas are not like other Barrie shoes" story? *******'s true. I didn't think it could possibly be as drastic a difference, but it is. It's like a different last, comparing the chukkas to these. All the problems I thought I had with the Barrie last are...gone. The heel doesn't feel as big; the toe box feels, actually, a little wider. Exactly what I needed. This is beautiful. I feel like the world has opened up a little. Relatedly, this is terrible, terrible news for my bank account.

Oh, and they smell like the nectar of the gods. Thanks, Epaulet.

(cameo from the old Epaulet camo rivets.)

edit: I'd take some better pictures, but it's raining out.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Got my Salingers today, these things are sweet and the fit is spot on. I'd definitely say the Inca last is closer to a US E width than a D width, for the curious.

Nice, glad that you're enjoying them!

Welp, that effectively confirms there's probably no way I could fit into a pair or Carminas unless I can get a narrow width on the next pre-order. But that might be too much of a crapshoot at this point. I need to try a pair on to see if I can figure out exactly how narrow I need to go.

Carmina does have a last which can be ordered in a narrow fitting - although that's restricted to certain shapes and designs. Given your sizing, I'd recommend trying on a pair the next time that you're in NYC and we can work to dial in what you need. Carmina lasts fit well, and fit pretty easily, so as long as we get close with a medium width and last, you can be pretty confident that going to a narrow will work. We'll get Carminas delivered every three months, so there's no rush.

Where are these ties from? I like the red one with light blue dots.

Oh all of those are our Ashland for Epaulet ties. We've got that one available:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/...rs-cln-Ashland-Neckwear-by-Epaulet/Categories

The trousers for this available on the website?

Sorry for the confusion, the barberis check pants that we have are a different pattern and color. There's no exact matching trouser to that sportcoat. But man, you'd be one bold dude to rock that as a 2-piece!

I love those shoes, but that combo is doing you no favors, especially where the socks are concerned. Loafers (w/o the socks) would be the better choice in my opinion.
Got my Salingers today, these things are sweet and the fit is spot on. I'd definitely say the Inca last is closer to a US E width than a D width, for the curious.

Hmmm, gonna have to disagree with you here KG. French blues and snuff suede in pretty much any shoe shape is boss. And I'm a fan of wild socks - which look a bit more extreme here due to the pose.

While most guys would probably wear a more subdued, solid sock with this combo, I would totally wear this as is. I think it's cool. Not to say that loafers wouldn't be awesome too, though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m3s3wkvJES1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Epaulet camo shirt. Epaulet gray chinos.

In real life, the Tanner Goods belt matches the Alden NXL shoes better than in the picture.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike could use this picture alone to sell the CXL boots and the camo chinos.

Another excellent ensemble, WJ. That shirt looks like a great fit.

The boots are Alden, not Carmina.

Thanks, Keith. The fabric on the camo shirt is truly unique. It's almost 3D like. I went to the mall to pay some bills and compared to the generic camo fabrics I saw at Macy's...the difference was quite obvious.

I will keep my pictures down to one a day so I don't clutter up Mike's thread. The rest of the pictures will be on my blog. :embar:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: Carmina shoe box colors. I have 2 pairs, one is shell and the other is calf...both are in different color boxes, similar to C&Js.

mike1445

Reaction score
Got my Epaulet pindot in today, great shirt but the XL is too small, emailed them with hopes of an xl in existence somewhere in the future....to my understanding gitmans are even smaller so thats not an option, here's hoping.

ascher07

Reaction score
Got my Epaulet pindot in today, great shirt but the XL is too small, emailed them with hopes of an xl in existence somewhere in the future....to my understanding gitmans are even smaller so thats not an option, here's hoping.

From my experience, Gitman shirts are actually much larger than Epaulet, like a full size and possibly then some. I have several Gitman shirts and their large is even larger than Epaulet's XL.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah Gitmans are bigger. For example M in Epaulet is S in Gitman

kidamerica17

Reaction score
Yeah Gitmans are bigger. For example M in Epaulet is S in Gitman

I disagree. The Epaulet M is bigger than a Gitman Vintage S. I'm a small in both Epaulet and Gitman Vintage. I find the biggest differences are the Epaulet is more fitted than the GV in the mid section and the jump in measurements isn't as great in an Epaulet shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads